Losing My Religion

Disclaimer: I do not own Marvel; only Rebecca and the world surrounding her.

Losing My Religion - Dia Frampton

Welcome to Lithe from the To Build A Home Series!

Thanks to everyone that reviewed, favorited, and subscribed to this story so far!

We are now really getting into it and I'm excited for you to explore this world more.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Losing My Religion

I thought that I heard you laughing

I thought that I heard you sing

I think I thought I saw you try

But that was just a dream

February 2008  

Standing in the air conditioned airport lobby it felt like every eye was on her. She had the hood of her jacket up over her head and kept her eyes focused on the luggage carousel. If she learned anything from a young age it was to not make eye contact with anyone if you didn't want to start a conversation immediately. That's what happens when your last name is one that holds authority around the world. Paparazzi, media, and anyone who wanted more in depth focus on her family turned up at always the least opportune time. And with your last name Stark, it was more or less always wanting info about the new scandal her father was involved in.

Rebecca had dealt with it for her whole life. It really became a problem when she turned 16 and was able to start driving herself around Malibu and surrounding areas. The media was constantly on her, trying to see what the young Stark was up. Was she going to parties? Trying to be the new teenage sweetheart of her time? The answer was simple. No. They slowly started getting the gist that they weren't going to get any big headlines from her and simply went back to throwing themselves at her father. And why would they? When Rebecca did go out it was because she had a dance lesson or was simply running errands.

So here she was, back in town for spring break and was already on edge. Her father, Tony, constantly told her to just use the private jet to get back and forth from California and New York, but she declined every time. The whole point of going to school in New York was to get out of the constant SoCal limelight. That and the fact that she was given the opportunity to continue her path in dance at Juilliard. It was truly an honor of being accepted, and she made absolute positive that she would be getting in on her skills, not her name recognition.

The phone vibrating obnoxiously in her hand brought herself back to reality. She smiled at the text from Pepper Potts, letting her know she was waiting right outside for her. At finally seeing her dark purple suitcase, Rebecca pulled it off the conveyor belt and started the long streak out of the airport. She quickly pulled her sunglasses over her eyes at seeing the bright sunshine through the glass doors. What a completely different atmosphere from New York at the moment where it was freezing and snowing at any moment.

Breaking the threshold, it was immediate that she found Pepper standing off to the right side. She picked up her pace and grinned from ear to ear at the sight of the older women.

"Hey, sweetie!" The redhead squealed softly, bringing the younger girl into a tight hug. "It's so good to have you home."

"It's so good to be home." Letting herself fall into the hug. "I love New York, but the cold was killing my muscles."