Youth

Disclaimer: I do not own Marvel; only Rebecca and the world surrounding her.

Youth - Daughter

Welcome to Lithe from the To Build A Home Series!

Thanks to everyone that reviewed, favorited, and subscribed to this story so far!

I'm in some sort of head space after Infinity War. And I'm going to work my damnedest to get as far as I possibly can before Avengers 4 comes out next year!

Because boy oh boy are things going to get intense for Becca along the way.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Youth

Shadows settle on the place, that you left.

Our minds are troubled by the emptiness.

Destroy the middle, it's a waste of time.

From the perfect start to the finish line.

March 2012

It had been three days since the incident. Three days and Becca hadn't been able to get a hold of Steve. The first day she let him breathe, knowing he was probably on edge from whatever night terror he clearly had and then harming her. The fact that he was not just dealing with the past and now in the day time, but being terrorized by his dreams at night was something that she knew was going to have to be discussed at some point. On the second day she tried calling him but did not get a response. She would at first assume he didn't understand his cell phone, but she knew that was out of the question since she had seen him use it to put her contact info in it. She casually stopped by his apartment later that evening after leaving SHIELD but no answer. Now here she was on day three, scarf wrapped around her neck for multiple days now, and her anxiety was high contemplating on what to do next. Steve was clearly hurting and she really just wanted to give a helping hand, but also didn't want to push him to a point where he would be annoyed with her.

"You paying attention to me?"

Becca turned away from the window looking out over the New York City skyline to see her father turned to her with an eyebrow raised. "Absolutely."

Tony knew for a fact that she had drifted off from listening to him, so he would play her for it. "Great, so we'll get your room ready for you to move in."

"What?" Her eyes blowing wide at the words, clearly not hearing him.

"Played." The older man smirked at her, winning this time.

A regretful, but also thankful that it wasn't true, sigh fell from her lips. She has been caught.

He had asked her to come over to see the mostly finished construction of the Stark Tower. Tony and Pepper had been flying back forth for the past two years getting this structure up and running in light of the destruction that had taken place at the Expo. It was supposed to be a place for new inventions, for people to be able to come and create. Sort of what they wanted out of the Expo, but this wasn't for them to show off. It was for creation and ideas. The top few floors would be home base for the Stark family.

Now that Tony knew about his daughter's involvement in SHIELD, he had been making more and more trips to the city. Saying he was checking up on construction, but really it was his not so subtle way of making sure his kid still had all her fingers and toes. She might be a highly trained spy, but she was still his baby girl.