Tiny Dancer

Disclaimer: I do not own Marvel; only Rebecca and the world surrounding her.

Tiny Dancer - Caroline Glaser

Welcome to Lithe from the To Build A Home Series!

Thanks to everyone that reviewed, favorited, and subscribed to this story so far!

I've fallen deep in love with this story again, and I hope you guys do too!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tiny Dancer

Ballerina, you must have seen her dancing in the sand

And now she's in me, always with me, tiny dancer in my hand

Hold me closer tiny dancer

Count the headlights on the highway

Lay me down in sheets of linen

You had a busy day today

"Are you nervous?"

Becca looked over to her right, where Pepper stood a bit taller than her in her black heels. "I think I'm going to puke." The redhead humored her lightly with a shake of the head. She may have tried to seem calm, cool, and collected, but Becca could see right through it.

As soon as Becca got the call about her father she actually took up the Stark personal jet and headed straight to California. And now a day later here they stood on the track of the US Air Force hanger. Patiently waiting for the plane to land. There were personnel and authorities stationed every way she looked; either doing their job or taking special precautions. Happy stood a few feet behind herself and Pepper, next to the company car. And it made Becca feel a tad bit more under control seeing him with a soft smile on his face.

She could hear the intercom from the few security teams next to her say 'preparing for landing' and that was when she nearly broke out of her skin. Becca looked up in her horizon to see the gray airline gliding towards them. The few minutes it took for them to land and proceed to backup into the spot was nothing compared to the hellish wait it was for any sort of movement coming from inside of the plane.

All the noise fell around as the back finally started to drop and Becca's eyes focused in on the man sitting at the base. Rhodey carefully helped Tony stand from the wheel chair, letting the injured man grab onto his arm to help him walk down the gate. Tony looked for the most part alright, dressed in his suit with just a sling keeping his right arm in place. And that's when Becca nearly drowned in her own tears again.

Once the family's eyes met, she took off towards him, carefully launching herself in her father's arms. She couldn't help the sobs that racked her body, her face pressed against his neck. Tony wrapped his good arm around her the best he could, holding his baby girl as close to him as possible. He never thought he would be able to hold her, see her, just be able to love her again.

"I love you, baby girl. I love you so much." Tony's voice whispered deep in her ear. Trying to keep this moment as private as possible between the two.

"I love you too, daddy." This twenty-year-old girl turned back into a first grader again, so happy at seeing him again after the first day of school. Becca felt something hard poking at her collarbone from the middle of his chest, but wasn't fazed at that moment.