Imposter

Disclaimer: I do not own Marvel; only Rebecca and the world surrounding her.

Imposter! - The Technicolors

Welcome to Lithe from the To Build A Home Series!

Thanks to everyone that reviewed, favorited, and subscribed to this story so far!

Here's the end of Iron Man 2 and let's get Becca's hands a little dirty. 1 more chapter away for our super soldier himself!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Imposter

I'm not

Not gonna be

Just another trick up your sleeve

I've got all the secrets

All the secrets in the world

But I'm no impostor

"I won't be late. I will not be late for my own graduation!"

"I'm driving as fast as I can! Don't blame me for New York traffic!"

Becca and Garrett have been yelling at each other back and forth for the past 2 hours since their drive back from Pennsylvania. They were assigned to a clean-up mission, AKA the upper agents got the head guys and they were assigned to finish off the small group that had been following them. It was supposed to be quick and painless, that's why the two lower agents were tasked. What they didn't expect was the multiple traps that had been set up all over the land of the shack in the back woods of PA.

After dismantling every single one and then finally taking out the last three guys in the house it was already 5AM. And Becca's ceremony was supposed to start at 9AM sharp. She had no doubt someone at SHIELD was going to be majorly pissed off at her for not heading their first for a debriefing, but right now she needed to end one chapter in her life to start the next one. She could deal with the punishment later.

"We're almost there." Garrett informed her from his position in the driver's seat.

Becca looked up from where she was in the back seat, attempting to modestly put on her dress for the day. She gave herself a pat on the back for deciding to bring along all the essentials she needed for the day just in case something like this would have happened.

"I know I've been yelling at you for the past few hours but you seriously are a life savior." She maneuvered her way back into the front seat, makeup bag in hand.

"I'm sure graduating college is a big deal, so I'll let it slide." He smiled over at her for a split second before looking back at the road.

"Never went to college?" Becca asked, trying to cover up a cut on her forehead.

"Went through a year before SHIELD came knocking. It was for the better. Was never that great with academics anyways."

"Well I think you've found your calling there. I wouldn't have been able to get through last night without you." She finished up her makeup and started on taming her hair.

"Right back at 'cha." Garrett swiftly kept driving through the streets, but not without taking quick glances at the girl sitting beside him. Ever since their encounter one year ago on her birthday, the two have quickly created a good friendship, but not without the subtle flirting that would once and awhile pop up between the two. It was just very easy to be together. "Alright, we're here." He pulled over to the bus zone to let her out.