Half

Disclaimer: I do not own Marvel; only Rebecca and the world surrounding her.

Half - PVRIS

Welcome to Lithe from the To Build A Home Series!

Thanks to everyone that reviewed, favorited, and subscribed to this story so far!

This is the end of 2010, 2011, & the very beginning of 2012 to get you ready for the next chapter.

Our man of the hour is about to make his first appearance...are you ready!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Half

Some days I feel everything, others are numbing

Can never find the in between, it's all or nothing

I never, never, never, never said I wanted

Never wanted to be here now

One foot in the grave, other on the ground

I can't process what I'm feeling now

This skin I can do without

June 2010

The downtown Chinese Restaurant was buzzing during a late dinner rush. Everyone was talking, eating, laughing, just all around having a good time around them. While the father and daughter sat across from each other picking at their food, avoiding conversation which was odd for the small family. Becca played with the Lo Mein on her place with the chopsticks between her fingers, eyes dodging back and forth between her food and her father. It was never quiet between the two, Tony usually filling up the empty silence. But this time, nothing. They hadn't had a legitimate conversation since everything went down at the Expo a few days prior.

Becca opened her mouth to say something but closed it once again. She had let out a deep sigh that gained Tony's quick attention.

"How's your dim sum?" He broke the awkward silence, yet her eyes didn't leave the plate as she answered.

"It's good." She took a sip of water before attempting to keep the conversation up. "How's Pepper handling things?"

He tilted his head back and forth in a so-so way. "Alright. More publicity fires to manage that anything. The normal when dealing with me." He set his own chopsticks down and crossed his arms on the table, food forgotten. "The abnormal is dealing with the fact that the girl that she has been looking after almost the entirety of the girl's like has now found out she is a secret spy."

Becca finally looked up at those words, seeing the intensity in his brown eyes. Those words were fully his concern, just masking it on the women. "True." She shrugged, playing along.

"Were you ever going to tell me that you're working for SHIELD?"

She rose an eyebrow at his sudden bluntness. "Well, probably around the same time you were going to tell me you were dying, Dad."

Tony looked over her once before shaking his head. "You are so my daughter. But this isn't something you have been hiding for only a few months, thought."

"You're right. I have been hiding this for two years." She finally set down her own cutlery. "I wasn't dying though, being reckless, and pushing everyone away in the process."