Not What We Thought

(Earlier That Day)

(Gina's POV)

I bit my lip, as I pulled into Abe's driveway. Turning off the car, I placed the keys in my back pocket, before dropping my forehead on the steering wheel. Trying to get the courage to go in.

With a heavy sigh, I opened the car door, before hopping out, closing it. Walking up too the door, of the house.

The house maybe far away, but it wasn't any different from Mystreet housing.

Taking the handle, I opened the door, being hit with a rather foul smell. One that I could never get use too. It always did smell like beer, and rat poison here.

"Abe, I'm here," I quietly yelle, trying not to be too loud. Hearing a grunt from the kitchen, followed by a few pans clattering, I closed the door as a police car rushed passes the house, it's sirens blaring.

"What took you so long?" He groaned, taking a bite of his sandwich, a blob of jelly falling from the corner on the floor.

"It's a five hour drive, and I needed gas," I spoke, taking off my shoes, leaving me in my socks.

"Clean that up, Imma take a nap. When I wake up I want the dishes cleaned, my clothes washed and folded, and dinner made," I folded my hands in front of me, bowing my head to him as he laid down onto the couch.

Walking too the kitchen, I took a sheet of paper towel, walking back to clean the jelly clump, accidentally stepping in it, making it ooze threw my sock.

Closing my eyes, I ignored it, continuing to do my list of things.

Placing my short locks into a small pony tail, I turned on the burner, and placing a pot on, after it being filled with water.

Digging into the cupboards, I found the spaghetti noodles, pouring them into the pot.

Thinking it would be fine, I left it to boil, as I went into Abe's room, taking the pile of laundry into the laundry took before dumping the load into the washer.

As that began it's first cycle, I went back to the kitchen, starting to fill the sink up with water.

An hour had passed, and I was had finished plating the spaghetti, making sure to remember to wash the dishes from the meal after wards.

Only making one plate, I placed it in the spot Abe liked to sit, before going into the refrigerator to grab a can of beer for him. Reaching for the can, my eyes wandered to the side door, seeing a few random items. Some well known, others not so much.

There was an assortment of ropes, all bundled up with a bungee cord, a small pocket knife, a pair of pliers, and a handkerchief.

The pocket knife and pliers, caught me a bit off guard, as memories of those things came to mind. Hearing Abe clear his throat gave me a bit of shock, causing me to grab the beer can and close the door.

Turning on my heel, I was face to face with the curly red head. Forcing a smile, I handed him the can, opening the top as a fizzy noise came and went.

He took it, before looking back at the table, with a disapproved snort.

"Is something wrong?" I asked, looking from him to the table, and back again.

"Where us your plate?"

"I-I thought you would want to eat alone sweetie?"

Taking a swig of the adult beverage, he groaned. "Nah, today I get to eat with my girlfriend," Nodding I went back to the pot, setting a plate for me.

Yawning, I sat by Abe's side as we ate dinner on his island.

After a while of nothing but forks clattering, and me getting two more beers for Abe, I excused myself from the table and hid in the bathroom.

Taking my phone, I sent a text to Zane.

"I don't wanna be here,"

We went back and forth before he told me a reasonable excuse to leave.

Sighing, I flushed the toilet in case he could hear me, and letting the water run a while.

Leaving the bathroom, I entered the kitchen, taking my seat next to Abe.

"Uh, something came up at home, C-could I maybe go help my friends with it?" He gave a grunt, tossing a small black box twords my ways.

I let out a silent groan watching it land in my plate of noodles and pasta sauce.

Ignoring it, I opened the box, expecting another one of those gumball machine bracelets he always gave me.

But, instead was a ring, making my stomach flip. A thousand thoughts raced threw my mind, the more thinking I did, the more I wanted to reject his proposal.

"Wadda ya say?" He grunted, his eyes still ahead of him. He hasn't looked at me the entire time we ate.

I fought off the urge to yell at him, my mouth moving but nothing coming out.

"I asked ya a question," He snarled, making me jump.

"C-can I think about it?" He groaned but nodded, shooing me off, my signal to leave.

Waving goodbye, I walked out of the house placing on my shoes. The jelly from earlier beginning to stick.

Opening my car door, and closing it in a second, I rushed my way out of the parking lot.

A mile and half away from his house, I stopped at store. It was closed, but really all I needed was some time to think.

Groaning, Dropped the ring box into my cup holder, placing my head in my hands, as tears began to fall.

(Sorry about this chapter! I know that there wasn't any, or has been any of you a Garroth yet, but trust me it's just part of the story!!!!)