Oh Suger

I sighed heavily through my nose as thoughts began to swirls around in my mind. A low grumble emanating from my stomach as if screaming at me to feed itself. I leaned back in my desk chair staring at the ceiling, the popcorn style showing clearly in the suns light. Extending my left leg, I kicked off the floor spinning in place, before a loud crash was heard from downstairs, instantly stopping in place, I glanced at my open bedroom door.

'What is she doing?'

Lazily standing from my swirly twirly chair, walked out of my room and down the steps, only making it half way down when an old picture frame caught my eye.

It was a fairly new photo, but none the less it was one of the most important in almost all our lives. It somewhat symbolized how much the group had matured. Strange how a 3 by 4 inch, black and white photo could show so much.

The photo before that was one Gina and I took when we moved in together, almost impossible how the one after that was of her baby.

A small smile appeared on my lips as I stared at all the photos that lined the staircase, but that smile soon faded into a frown when yet another crash came from the kitchen. Jogging down the rest of the steps, and into the archway of the kitchen, before seeing both a brunette and raven-haired pair in my kitchen, digging through cupboards, with almost any door they could find open. A mess of what used to be stored in them littered my countertops.

"What in Irene's name are you two doing?" I deadpanned, not even noticing the front door being wide open until a light cold breeze brushed passed my bare ankles.

"I started making cupcakes when I realized we were out of sugar," Gina mumbled, as she attempted to climb onto the countertop, causing both Zane and me to stop in our tracks and begin to stop her, but Zane beat me to it grabbing Gina by the sides, before gently leading her away from the counter, before looking back in the cupboard and grabbing the new found sugar himself.

"Uh," Zane begins, looking back towards the mess the two had made while they were on the search for the 'oh so needed' ingredient, "Sorry for the mess, I'll clean it up later," I waved him off, shaking my head.

"It's fine, besides, I won't be home all day anyway," Turning to walk back up the stairs, Gina's voice stopped me.

"Why? Where are you going?" She asked, her blue eyes wide with curiosity.

"I'm going to Garroth's house to help decorate for Christmas. Apparently, he trusts my, and I quote, 'Lucky girl decorating charm'. Whatever that means," Zane gave off a low snort handing Gina her coat from off the couch.

"What charm is there to you exactly?" He laughed, his evil side showing through.

"At least Y/n and Garroth have decorations you Grinch!" Zane grumbled silently as Gina looked back to me smiling, "Yeah, Dumbledork here literally as a bucket of ashes in his basement labeled 'X-mas', he swore it wasn't an old pet but whatever,"

"IT WASN'T!!!!" Gina and I laughed as we pushed the emo's buttons. Giving a small wave to me the five-month pregnant girl walked out with emo potato boy following her.

As the two walked out I watched as Zane seemed to be extra paranoid by the little things Gina did, as if she were on constant watch,which is really what was happening now. Heck, I remember how both Zane and Katelyn argued for hours, debating on which of the two Gina would be staying with since the incident.

Besides Zane, I had noticed how Gina seemed off about the whole situation, usually she would shoo off the extra attention, but now she seemed to almost crave it in a way... maybe she still felt uneasy about it all. Granted the group all agreed not to speak of the Abraham incident to Gina, but it was almost as if she knew something bad was going to happen.

I shook my head shaking the thought away as I put my focus back on my kitchen...and it's mess.

"Zane better be back soon to clean this all up or so help me Irean." I muttered under my breath, the cold frigid air from
outside still lingered from the door being previously opened.

Taking note of the sudden chill, I glance over to the calendar, the fancy lettering of the word 'December' showed itself almost as if it were saying the word jolly. My mind travels to the fact on how I would acquire the money for gifts this year. And if I even should go out to get some... of course I should but I had no idea on how I would fit it all with the baby shower planning also.

I sighed running a hand through my h/c tangled mess of   H/l snarls.

"Tis the season of chaos,"

Sorry this chapter is so short! I just wanted to get one out there and say I have a new phone so hopefully I will be more productive with my time! I plan on doing an X-mad special for this book but I have no ideas on how to do that!😅😅 Thank you all for being so patient with my lengthy schedule!!