Surprise!

(Y/N)'s POV-

"Okay, everyone's here right?! Wait WHERE IS DANTE?!?!?!" I yelled the anxiety of this being perfect starting to get to me.

"I'm in the kitchen calm down!" I sighed in relief as I paced the floor going through my clipboard for the twentieth time today. 

"Cake, check. Family, check. Gifts check. Decorations, chec-" I jumped slightly as hands gently squeezed my shoulders, causing me t look over my shoulder to meet the diamond blue orbs that beamed down onto me with a small smile adorning them.

"Paranoia, check." Garroth laughed, before gently taking the clipboard from my hands and guiding me over to the living room and sitting me down on the couch. "You need to sit down for five minutes and relax."

I crossed my arms while giving the blonde a playful glare. "I'll relax when I'm dead. Besides I already took a nap not ten minutes ago and even when I told you I wanted a five-minute nap you went ahead and let me sleep for nearly an hour!" I retorted, causing Garroth to roll his eyes. His smile never faltered though as his large hand placed itself on top of my head before ruffling my hair.

"You deserve more than an hour break," He spoke before walking off into the kitchen. Leaning forward slightly I waited until Garroth was out of sight before shooting up from spot to skim through the house finding and fixing anything that may be out of place or had fallen down while no one was looking. 

Walking up the stairs, I noticed a pink streamer that had started to droop due to the adhesive on the tape holding it up began to already wear down. Sighing I took a small roll of tape from my pocket and began to climb on top of the rail as a way to reach said streamer.

Placing my foot on the rail, I carefully lifted myself up from the floor, balancing myself with my free hand before tearing a piece of tape off with my teeth. Taking the sticky paper out off of my lips I carefully taped up the brightly colored strip of dyed paper.

Gently stepping off the rail, I placed the roll of tape in my back pocket. Traveling into the upstairs hall, my search was stopped as the doorbell rang, my heart skipping a beat as I made a mad dash down the stairs.

"They're here! Get in your places!" As I reached the door, I twisted the handle revealing the three people I've been waiting for. 

Gina had a look of confusion on her face as she looked at me.

"Surprise! Welcome to your baby shower!" I joyed, as her eyes suddenly light up as she jumped up slightly squealing. I laughed at her reaction moving out of the way as she ran in admiring our hard work. Turning back to the Emo and Blueberry I gave them a small smile. "Thank you two for, ya know distracting her,"

"Yeah, well whatever," Zane spoke, walking past me into the house. The soft beats of music began to play through the house as I turned to Katelyn with a smile and a sarcastic eye roll at the Raven's actions.

"How was spending half the day with Zane?" I teased her, earning myself a playful glare.

"He shoved me off the bed." She deadpanned.

"PFFFT!" I laughed, covering my mouth with my hand, "I would kill to see that!" 

Ignoring my laughing fit, Katelyn walked pass me, dragging me by the back of my shirt as my laughter died down.

"What do you wanna do first Gina? After all, this is your shower!" A cheered, Gina instantly going for the gifts.

Smiling, I sat down on the floor next to Garroth's feet. His body leaned against the wall. 

Gina took ahold of her first gift, which was the smallest box. Her weird obsession of opening presents from smallest to biggest showing itself as she tore open the small, unwrapped box.

Inside she pulled out a small book, Apown reading the cover the group instantly knew who had gifted such a book.

"Really guys? A 'How To Fortnight Dance' book?" I deadpanned, looking at the Snowy haired boy who sat next to his partner in crime Dante. The two of them laughing a little trying to hide their smug looks.

"In all honesty, I don't think I'm doing the electro shuffle right, so thanks, you guys!" Gina continued onto the next gift as I questioned my motivation for having friends of this nature.

(Great now I have 'Fortnight dances' in my search history XDDD)

The second gift was a bag with a small cartoon stork on the front of it. Colorful, blue tissue paper alined the top, before Gina took it out, crumbling it into a ball, and throwing it at her sister's forehead. An audible shifting in the paper made us all laugh before watching Gina take out its contents.

A onesie with the writing 'My favorite Aunt got me this', a small baby bottle with little elephants lining the center., all accompanied with a small sea bunny plush.

"Awwwwwwwwwwwwww I'm burning this," Gina joked, holding up the onesie her sibling had given her. Before everyone laughed at her once more.

Gina tore open the rest of the gift as if it were noting, either thanking them for the gift or playing a joke in the end.

As she got to the last gift, I noticed it was the one Garroth and I buddied up on. It wasn't the largest gift, but out of everything she went through it was.

Riping up the decorative paper. Gina shoved her hand in the box and pulled out three Pokemon plushies. All first generation starter pokemon.

Gina looked up at me a dorky smile on her lips as she laughed.

"Y/n... Why did you get me Piplup, Charmander, and Bulbasaur?"

I gave her a coy smirk, trying to hold back my laughter.

"Well, when the kid is born, we are having a ritual to see them make the most important decision of their life.....which starter pokemon will they choose for their adventure," I laughed, causing others to laugh along with me.

"That's kinda cute and hilarious at the same time!" Gina laughed, her words barely noticeable through all the laughter in the living room.