Job Posting: Nanny

John and Sherlock spent the morning drawing up a detailed job posting with explicit requirements and expectations. They had informed Molly and Mrs Hudson, who agreed that it was a good idea to hire a Nanny. They'd even researched nannies to get a feel for who they were going to hire.

Mycroft dropped by with Anthea around eight, and casually strolled up the stairs, "Good Morning."

"If you've come to persuade us to take on a case of national importance then I suggest you leave, Mycroft." Sherlock greeted. The elder Holmes cocked one brow in curiosity.

"Why, brother mine?"

John popped up before a battle of words could begin, "We're searching for a nanny for Rosie."

"A nanny? In this household?" Mycroft scoffed, twirling his cane.

"Yes. We need someone to constantly be here with Rosie." John explained, bouncing her slightly. Mycroft demured.

"I see." Sherlock eyed his brother.

"We cannot take on any more cases, brother mine." He reinforced. Mycroft  nodded once and exhaled.

"Very well, brother mine, but do try to find one quickly. You're swamped with cases already. I couldn't imagine-"

"Yes we know, Mycroft," John quipped, "As soon as we've found a nanny we will let you know."

"Good," Mycroft nodded in farewell and left as swiftly as he'd come. John tutted.

"How long should it take to find a nanny anyways? It couldn't take very long, could it?"

"Usually it wouldn't take long but we have specific requirements, which makes it harder to find someone who is qualified."

Rosie chortled then, grasping at John's collar. John bounced her again and then lifted her into the air, garnering a fit of gurgling laughter from the child. Sherlock spun the computer around for John to see, "Finished."

John pored over the listing and subsequent information. They had been exceptionally concise and direct as to whom they would want to hire, and Sherlock had formatted it well, "Great. Now we can post it and hopefully, we'll start seeing potential candidates soon."

Sherlock nodded and within a few strokes the listing was public. On cue, it seemed, John's own mobile began to ring. He handed Rosie off to Sherlock and went into the kitchen to answer it, sparing a sideways glance.

Despite Sherlock's own aversion to children, he got on well enough with Rosie. He picked up her rattle and shook it a few times, explaining the how and why of the toy's noises. Rosie babbled, not understanding any of it of course, but Sherlock couldn't help it.

John reentered the living room, sighing, "It's the clinic. They need me for a patient."

"Of course," Sherlock responded, "I've got Rosie then, John. And I'll be ready if we get any calls for the job."

They nodded and John picked Rosie up to kiss her goodbye before grabbing his jacket and heading out. Sherlock carried her to the window to watch as he left by Taxi.

Bring!! Bring!!

The landline rang and Sherlock jumped to answer it, "221B Baker Street, Sherlock Holmes speaking..."

And so began the search for Rosie's nanny.