Interest

Sherlock and John spent that Sunday morning locating the kids who damaged Susanna's bike and others, mostly for lack of other more stimulating cases, and turning them over to Lestrade. John, however, believed that Sherlock also wanted an excuse to either finally see Susanna's flat or continue their feud, or both. John even wondered if perhaps Sherlock was more interested in Susanna than he let on.

So John tailed his flatmate all morning, carrying Rosie and observing Sherlock. He periodically texted Susanna with small updates, to which she replied with a short yet polite 'thank you'. He imagined that she was busy. Susanna rarely sent such short messages.

Noon had rolled around when Sherlock proclaimed the case solved and elected to deliver the repaired bike to Susanna. As he strode out of the door with his milford coat flapping, John spoke up "Why are you so interested in taking the bike to her? I thought you two were having a domestic!"

"Because our nanny needs to be able to come on time everyday and taxis are both expensive and slow." Sherlock's response was too quick to be genuine. John shook his head.

"No, mate, you're itching to see Susanna's flat and observe her outside of her post," John probed. Sherlock resumed walking, refusing to reply, "Sherlock, it's alright to be cur-!"

"You and Rosie will take a cab and meet me there, John. I will pick up the bike and drive it over." With that the detective all but disappeared. John sighed and hailed a cab, knowing full well that Sherlock was in no way going to relent.

Rosie chortled and cooed the whole way to Ainsworth Rise. John happily entertained his little girl, enjoying some brief one on one time. He was certainly grateful for Susanna's guidance and assistance with Rosie. Susanna worked wonders with her, or at least made her efforts seem miraculous, that John knew he couldn't. A pang of remorse and longing swept over the army doctor.

Mary.

Their would-be second anniversary was coming up. John blinked back a tear and held Rosie close to his chest. Mary should be there with them; watching Rosie grow up and helping on cases. But she wasn't.

John ended this train of thought as the taxi stopped on the curb outside the complex. He paid quickly and exited just as Sherlock rolled up on Susanna's bike. John hardly noticed, with his attention on the building. It was modern contemporary, and clean. The polar opposite of 221B. But John could see why Susanna would live there. It was tucked back just so as to almost be invisible, and the street was fairly quiet.

"I had to bribe the bloody mechanics to let me drive it here," Sherlock exclaimed, "Shall we, John?"

John nodded, "The car park is to our left. Let's drop it off there and then go see Susanna." Sherlock barely responded and began walking the bike past the army doctor to the lot. John followed. It was a only a few stories high, and quite empty.

When they found the specially marked off zone for the bike, Sherlock parked it "It was here that the teenagers vandalised the bike. Paint and metal scrapings all around this spot."

"I imagine that Susanna will be very happy to have it back," John whistled, "It's a lovely bike after all." Rosie warbled, putting out a hand towards the bike.

"Oi, you'd not be takin' that bike would ya?" A coarse voice resounded through the park. They turned around to see a tall, bulky man just coming out from the complex.

"No we're just returning it for our nanny-"

"Friend." Sherlock cut in and John spared a slight look of surprise. The man gave a terse nod.

"Friends of Susanna? Well I'm sure she'll be grateful to you." He said and with a wave, walked off towards his supposed car.

"You see her as a friend, Sherlock?" John questioned. But he received no response as the detective strode towards the entrance to Ainsworth Rise, 'Sherlock, it's alright to admit it!"

"Come along, John, we haven't got all day." Sherlock stopped by the door and waited for John to catch up. When he had, Sherlock pulled it open and sighed, "Susanna is our nanny, yes, but she is also a colleague."

John almost couldn't stifle the laugh he so wanted to release. Sherlock for sure was more interested in the blonde nanny than he realised.

Thank you for reading!