Testing Sherlock (Susanna POV)

After Sherlock used my cell, he set it back where I'd previously left it. I set to work, reorganizing the toys and books, etcetera, in my backpack as John takes Rosie in to the kitchen to feed her. Sherlock remains in his statuesque prayer pose. I feel a dire impulse to wave my hand in front of him and ask if he's actually there, but it's not worth it. He's not one of my brothers.

About two minutes later my cell vibrates and blinks to life. I grab it before Sherlock can spring to it's resting place, "Did she respond?" He asks rashly. I open my inbox. The number he contacted hasn't responded. The text I just got is from Brooklyn. Keeping a straight face and not looking up I reply.

"Yes. I'm to meet her at noon on Saturday," He leaps to grab my phone, brimming with excitement only to have confusion replace it, "You fell for that one. That text is from a friend." A dark look pervades his features.

"You lied?"

"No. My friend is a female of whom I had asked a question prior to your using my cell. Strictly speaking, she did respond." I attempt to reclaim my cell but he withholds it, holding it high above my head. I calmly rest my hands in my lap.

"Are you trying to obstruct my case?"

"No. If she had responded then I would have told you, Sherlock." I answer calmly.

"What is going on?" John asks, walking in on the scene.

"Your nanny lied." John looks at me and I take a breath, standing up straight.

"No I didn't. My cell got a text from one of my friends, a girl mind you, answering a question of mine. He asked if she had replied to the message. I told him that yes, she had responded. I didn't lie."

"Sherlock-"

"Fine! She didn't lie," My cell lights up again and he quickly opens the message, "John, come on. Meeting in ten minutes!" He races to don his coat and scarf, taking my phone with him. I jump up and snag it back.

"I still need this. If she texts again I'll forward the message." I explain just as John hands Rosie over. Sherlock doesn't even look at me, instead flying down the staircase. John sighs.

"You... just played Sherlock Holmes." He states. I smile sheepishly.

"Sorry. It was a knee-jerk response." I apologize, bouncing Rosie gently. He holds one hand up.

"I'll probably hear it all day from him but personally, I don't mind. He always takes my mobile, and will probably continue using yours so your response was perfect." He kisses Rosie one last time and hurries out. I smile and chuckle just a bit. Rosie looks up and cooes curiously.

"I think I rattled Sherlock a bit, Rosie. Your father seems to think it was funny though."