《 t w o 》

Kyuri had vivid dreams that night. She was lost in a forest, and even after screaming for help, no one answered. She felt herself slowly losing her sanity.

The scene changed to a floating island, with waterfalls flowing off of the edges. She regained her composure, and yelled for help again. She felt so helpless, and most of all, lost. Losing her last bit of sanity, she leaped off the edge of the beautiful island.

The ground came closer and closer, and right before she hit the rocks beneath her, she woke up in a cold sweat. It was just a dream, she realized, and went back to sleep.

 It was just a dream, she realized, and went back to sleep

Kyuri woke up to a scream. She opened her eyes, and saw that Yoona had fell off the bed, staring at her with fear evident on her face.

"What's wrong, Yoona?"

Yoona pointed a shaky finger at her.

"Who the fuck are you, and how did you get into my house?"

Kyuri frowned. "Stop messing with me, Yoons. It's too early for that kind of prank."

"What do you mean, prank? I don't know who you are! You're a stranger to me, so how do you even know my name?"

"What? I'm not a stranger, I'm your best friend!"

"My best friend is Chaeyun!"

"What?"

"Just get out of my house. Right now."

"But—you said it was okay for me to stay over!"

"I never invited anyone last night! Now get your ass out of my house before I call the police!"

With tears filling her eyes, Kyuri quietly asked one more question.

"You really don't know me, Yoona?"

"No, I don't. Now get out!"

Kyuri scrambled to grab her suitcase, and opened the window that she had entered through the night before. She looked back one last time before exiting, seeing a Yoona that was so very familiar, and yet unfamiliar at the same time.

     She was met with a scene of greenery as she left through the backyard door, replacing the neighborhood she was expecting to see. She stared in awe of the green hills, blooming flowers, and the lazy river winding away from her. She decided to follow the river, wondering where it would take her.

     As she reached the end of the lazy river, she realized that she had nowhere else to walk.

     She stood at the edge of a cliff, and watched the lazy river become a running waterfall, right off the edge of the cliff.

     In a daze, she became more aware of her surroundings, this time looking around in the sky, instead of just the land around her. Little floating islands littered the sky, just like the ones she had seen in her dream.

     The realization hit her.

     She was lost.