《 t h r e e 》

This wasn't the world she knew.

Floating islands, pink clouds, and luscious plants did not exist on Earth, and definitely not Seoul.

"Where the fuck am I?" she wondered to herself. She paced back and forth, being careful to avoid the edge of the cliff.

"How did I even get here? Is this Hell? Was it that big of a sin to finish Jaehyun's pizza the other day when he wasn't looking? Or was it when I gave Donghyuck a wedgie? Oh! Maybe it was when I punched Taeil in the throat—shit."

The next thing she knew, she had tripped over a rock.

And falling off a cliff.

"FUCKSHITFUCKSHITFUCKMOTHERCLUCKINGDUCKSIAMFALLINGHOLYSHITSOMEONEHELPIMGONNADIE."

The nonstop string of curse words followed her on the way down, and when she ran out of words, she started screaming.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH—"

"ARE YOU OKAY?" someone screamed in her ear.

"OF COURSE IM NOT OKAY, DO I LOOK OKAY TO YOU?"

"I mean, you aren't falling anymore."

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN—oh."

She slowly peeled open her tightly-closed eyes, and a male came into her vision. He was so handsome, she almost stopped breathing.

"Holy shit."

"Why are you worshipping cow dung?"

"ARE YOU STUPID OR SOMETHING?"

"Stop yelling, you're making me go deaf."

"Too bad your good looks don't pair up with your terrible manners."

"Wow, first compliment of the day."

"Ok, but how am I not falling?"

"Because I caught you."

"What?"

Kyuri looked down, and realized that she. Was. Floating. In. Midair.

"HOLY SHIT IM FLOATING WHAT IS THIS SORCERY."

"It's not sorcery, dumbass. I'm holding you."

"Oh." She noticed that she was being held bridal-style by him. "Wait—are you the one that's floating?"

"Are you blind too? Do you not see my wings?"

She peered over his shoulder, and saw a pair of huge, pure white wings flapping, and suddenly became aware of the strong, muscular arms holding her.

"Holy shit."

"Could you stop saying that? Your voice makes me want to go deaf."

"Shut up, you flying ostrich."

The male rolled his eyes, then carried her to another floating island. He set her down gently on a soft patch of grass. He landed gracefully right next to her, and his wings disappeared in a shower of sparkles.

"Are you sincerely okay, though? I mean, you were screaming for 13.94 minutes. I timed it."

"Why the fuck would you time me on how long I was screaming for?"

"Well, it's not everyday you see a random girl free falling while screaming profanities and 'AHHHH' for almost 14 minutes."

"True. Can you tell me where I am? I am lost, and I don't know where my home is, hecc, I don't even think I'm in the right planet right now."

"You're in Yvania."

"Eevee—what?"

"Ee-vah-nee-uh."

"Oh. And...what's it's relationship to planet Earth?"

"This is planet Earth."

"No it's not. From where I'm from—planet Earth—floating islands don't exist. Only in fantasy movies."

"Oh, then you're a human aren't you?"

"Well, no shit. Then what are you?"

"I'm a Zen."

"A 'Zen'?"

"Zen is the race of this dimension."

"Dimension?"

"Yea, you stupid human. Why else do you think we're still on planet Earth?"

Oh. Well, fuck.