《 s e v e n 》

"Your...dead girlfriend?"

     Ten closed his eyes and breathed out. "I–I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said anything."

     Kyuri didn't know what to say. I look like his dead girlfriend?

     "Yes, you look like my dead girlfriend," Ten repeated.

     "I said my thoughts out loud didn't I?"

     "Yes, yes you did."

     The two stood there awkwardly, a silence overcoming them. Finally, Ten broke the silence and spoke up.

     "She died by the hands of my childhood friend.

     "Two years ago, my childhood friend, better known as the queen of Yvania, sent her a diamond necklace to congratulate us of our relationship. She took it gratefully, as she was never rich and never had anything like it, so it immediately became her most prized possession.

     "She wore it everyday, and I thanked the queen for gifting her such a beautiful thing. But little did we know, there was a poison curse emitting from it.

     "Her health started to deplete slowly, but surely. Only after two months, she was stuck in bed, unable to move. None of the doctors knew what was wrong with her. They removed any possible curses from her body, but that didn't solve anything. A week later, she passed away in my arms.

     "A couple days later, I overheard the queen talking about the necklace to one of the spirit animals. I remember every single word. 'Ten's girlfriend died because of the necklace I gave her! Poor thing.' I was so shocked and angered, I stormed out of the palace right away. I decided that the next time I would see her I would pretend I knew nothing about it.

     "And here I am, keeping secrets and shit. One day, I want the world to know what she's actually capable of, and that she's not as nice as people think she is."

     Ten looked over at Kyuri. "Why are you crying?"

     "THAT WAS THE SADDEST AND MOST INSPIRING STORY IVE EVER HEARD," she cried, sniffling.

     Ten facepalmed, and took her hand. "I loved her, my girlfriend, but I can't bring her back. The least I can do is just to keep myself happy by keeping those happy memories I shared with her. So don't cry, okay? There's only one sad part in that story."

     "But why did she kill her in the first place?"

     Ten's gaze hardened. "Because the queen was in love with me at the same time."