29. FEELINGS FOR MISERY

Flashes of Chloe locking lips with him ignited the jealously within me. I felt the need to be angry with him for no apparent reason, like a burning desire to express my hurt in someway. Shoving him back I shook my head— more disappointed in myself than anything else. "That's it-no elaboration?" I scoffed, turning away from him.

Gripping my jaw he turned my face forcefully, pressed his fingers into my skin— both painful and blissful at the same time. "That was elaboration enough." He growled, looking almost ready to unleash the dark rage behind his eyes. Releasing my jaw, he clasped my wrist. "Joey will watch you till the race is over." He stated, leading me out of the shadows.

Snatching my arm free I stilled. "Don't treat me like a pet." I ground out the words, recoiling at the filthy sensation crawling beneath my flesh. Being commanded to do things like an animal was a submission I couldn't survive twice. The first time had left its mark, the second would no doubt destroy what's left. "I'm staying right here." I finalised stepping further into the ally. Rubbing the palm of his hand down his face in frustration, he slammed the side of his fisted hand against the coarse brick wall.

Wincing, I watched his rigid frame turn away. Fisting the collar of a passing guy, he hauled the large man into the alley. "Rayne what are you-" silencing me with a raised finger, his lips pressed firmly together to form a straight line.

Throwing the stranger against the wall, Rayne kept the shaking man pinned there with his forearm. "Watch her, touch her and I'll kill you- anyone else touches her I'll do much worse." His steely voice swept over my heated skin like the flat surface of a blade. This Rayne was feared, he was desired and worshiped; this Rayne was unparalleled. This was the volatile Rayne, the one he kept buried beneath his brooding exterior.

"Stop!" I screamed. Nearing him I pulled his forearm away from the cowering man he'd trapped. Jerking his hand away, I stormed out of the alley. Returning to Joey and Macy, I ignored Rayne's presence until he slipped into his flawless vehicle.

Turning to me, Macy scanned my fuming state. "Is there anything you need to tell me?" She asked, suspiciously glancing towards Rayne's ride as it peeled away from the starting line. Snapping my head in her direction, I narrowed my eyes. Staggering back, she raised her hands defensively. Choosing this moment to test my patience my phone began to vibrate against my thigh.

Glaring at Kyle's familiar name, I clenched my jaw. If I didn't vent soon, I was certain I'd explode. Deciding that Kyle was the perfect asshole to work my rage out on, I stalked off towards the alley– ignoring Joey's faint protest. Swiping across the damaged screen, I switched it to loud-speaker mode. "Gia, fuck just hear me out-"

Cutting off whatever half-arsed explanation he was about to give, I released my pent up frustrations. "I don't want to fucking hear it, you're done- we're done! You've insulted me enough over the past two years and I'm fucking done! Go hump your way through East LA and find yourself another cheerleader." Hanging up before he could respond, I emptied my lungs on a long exhale.

Falling back against the brick wall, I clung to its support. My body felt lighter yet still remained unresolved, or maybe unsatisfied. I was now left with the foul sensation of jealousy.

Drawing my attention, the frame of an unsteady man– clutching at the neck of a beer bottle, with his head hung low– stumbled into the alley. Unable to recognise his profile, I instinctively straightened. Flashes of my past sent alarms blaring through my system. Keeping pressed to the wall, I moved rigidly towards him; fisting my hands when he slurred out several curses.