Chapter one

Adilyn was walking home from a friends house one day. She was really late coming home. She never had a good life and she had an even worse childhood. Everyone at school knew Adilyn's secret which isn't a huge secret now. .. She's suicidal. Her mom is dead, her dad uses the horizontal bop to cope, and her uncle beats her until she gets numb and can no longer feel the pain.

Adilyn held another secret though. One she can't share with anyone, not even her best friend. Probably because she had done something to her best friend that she terribly regrets. She didn't mean for it to happen it just... did.

Adilyn continued walking home thinking about how much she hated herself but most of all hated life.

Whilst walking she heard a gust of wind blow past her and a twig snap. She turned around but nothing was there so she figured it was the wind. Not even 15 seconds later she heard the twig snap again. She figured it was a vicious animal ready to tear to pieces and eat her up. If anything she wanted the animal to eat her so she wouldn't have to go home.

Adilyn sighed as she was almost home.

When she arrived she was disappointed. She didn't want to go inside. She was ready to turn around and run back to the woods but her uncle had already seen her and she figured there was no going back now.

Adilyn sighed as she entered the house.

When she got in her uncle was waiting for her at the door.

"Why did it take you so long to come inside Adilyn?"

She didn't answer

"Oh, so you don't want to speak? Just for that, you get an extra hour of beating." Jack said

"No uncle jack please no!" Adilyn cried but it was no use because her uncle simply didn't care.

He uncle grabbed her by the hair and dragged her upstairs. He threw her against the wall and started beating her. Half an hour later her uncle left her room and she thought he was done.

She quietly started sobbing and she was so focused on her sad life that she didn't hear him come back into the room. except for this time he had a branding iron.

"Uncle, what are you doing?" Adilyn asked

"What do you think I'm doing? I'm gonna brand you. Wow, I actually thought you were smart."

Before Adilyn could protest uncle jack put the heated branding iron up to her skin and she cried. She was crying so hard that she didn't the flashes of a camera outside capturing her every move.

After 2 hours he finally finished.

"Sweetheart you know I love you right? I would never hurt have a good sleep princess." And with that uncle, Jack left the room

Adilyn cried herself to sleep that night like she normally does. She wished she didn't have to get beat every day. She wished she had a different family. She wished to be younger again where everything was simpler. She prayed that would happen.

The next day Adilyn wakes up and remembers what happened that night before. Someone throws something at her window.

She screams upon hearing the window break. She knew she was gonna get beat even more for that.

A person wearing a masked walked up to her and threw the Polaroid pictures into her window and scurried off. Adilyn felt hopeless looking at them. She decided to go for a walk to clear her mind.

She snuck out of the house as quietly as she could and walked out of the house.

A couple minutes later she was interrupted by a masked man.

"Where are you going, young lady?" The man asked

"Why would I tell that valuable piece of information to someone I don't even know?"

Adilyn walked away but he continued following her.

"What do you want!" Adilyn asked

"I want you to be my little girl. My wife can't have kids and I want one so here you are. When we get there you will act like a newborn up until you're 18."

"I am 18," Adilyn argued

The man quickly covered her mouth on the empty quiet street.

"No one can hear you but remember you're my little girl now."

Then she remembered... She wished she didn't have to get beat every day. She wished she had a different family. She wished to be younger again where everything was simpler. She prayed that would happen.

Be careful what you wish for.

She screams again.

"If you don't want me to end your life I suggest you shut up." He says as he pulls out a pocket knife.

Adilyn made sure she didn't make a sound.

She ended up kicking him in the place where the sun doesn't shine and immediately he let go. However, Adilyn tripped on the concrete, fell on her head. This made it easier to get her.

He threw her in the back seat and quickly drove off.

Adilyn screamed as loud as she could but it was no use.

"You're so weak." The man said

SHUT UP" Adilyn scream at him

She tried to open up the door but it was no use because there was child lock. Yet she couldn't even struggle because the seatbelt around her was strapped to tight and she could barely move.

"Can you loosen up the seatbelt, please.

He didn't.

The seatbelt was so tight that Adilyn was losing blood circulation and then... she passed out.

-----------------