Chapter 3

"Adilyn come down for dinner!" Michael had screamed from the kitchen. It was a nice kitchen with a marble counter and the best tap water one has ever tasted. The walls were a faint beige and were kinda boring like the rest of the house but still, it had a good theme to it.

"I'm coming!" Adilyn shouted from her bedroom. She rushed downstairs from her bedroom to the kitchen. Jordyn immediately served her the food. Adilyn just eyes it with disgust.

"What is wrong little girl? Steak is absolutely nutritious for you. Why are you eyeing it like that?" Jordyn said to

"It's just that I don't like meat." Adilyn replies "it's just gross to me. So I became a vegetarian." She continued

"Well meat is delicious and it's most likely all we'll be cooking so get over it. There's cereal on the refrigerator"

Adilyn stayed on the chairs in the kitchen.

"Well go upstairs considering you have nothing to eat now. You can start unpacking your clothes." Jordyn said

"I don't have anything remember? Michael kidnapped me."

"Stop being such an ungrateful despicable human being. Anyways, tomorrow we are going to go shopping." Jordin said.

Adilyn just blankly stared at her...

"So you can get some clothes, little girl. Stop acting so stupid" Jordyn replied with a tone of hate in her voice.

Adilyn drops her head and nods

"Now finally I can eat my delicious steak." She says while eyeing Adilyn

Adilyn slowly makes her way upstairs and lays on the floor with no pillow or blanket. She was just laying there thinking about life. She had eventually fallen asleep with her ribs poking out.

"Is she dead?" Michael asked had asked concerned

"It's not like I would care. I'd be glad if she was dead. She was irritating and very rude." Jordyn replied with her voice getting loud with a hint of happiness yet irritated tone in her voice.

This had woke Adilyn up and as soon as Jordyn and Michael woke up, she started crying. She climbed out the window and ran away. After all, this is what she wanted to do.

Adilyn ran away but she was so far away from her original home that was she was completely lost and didn't know where to go and without thinking, she ran into the woods. She was completely alone and was absolutely terrified. Adilyn fell asleep in a tree that night

-----in Micheal's house-----

Michael was walking up to Adilyn's room to kiss her goodnight and read her a bedtime story just to help her get into the headspace of being a two year old. He opened up the door and walked to her bed.

"Goodnight Adilyn! Hope you had sweet dreams." There was no reply. Michael then pulled back the covers and revealed an empty bed and he looked over to find an open window.

'Oh fiddlesticks' he thought to himself.

Before heading outside to look for Adilyn he made a quick stop downstairs in the living room where Jordyn was watching the real housewives of Atlanta. He never knew how she could ever watch those trashy shows.

"Honey do you know where Addy is?" Micheal asked worriedly

"Why would I know? She's your responsibility." Jordyn replied. She's getting extremely tired of this Adilyn girl.

Michael took one look at Jordyn in disgust and walked outside realizing that Adilyn didn't know her way around town. The only place she knew where to go to was the woods where she got kidnapped so that is where he headed.

He searched around looking for clues in the woods that had any sign pointing to Adilyn's current destination. He had officially given up on looking for clues and decided to scream her name. "ADILYN WHERE ARE YOU!" He yelled. Next thing you know he heard someone fall down with a giant crack. That's when he realized...

Adilyn fell out of the tree.