Chapter 6 :-)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Adilyn would kill me if she found out, Michael thought to himself. He just couldn't bring himself to tell Adilyn the truth. He was snapped out of his daze when he heard some shifting on the bed. He instantly looked over.

"Adilyn?" He called out. Not loud, but it wasn't too soft either.

Even though Adi mumbled it, Michael could still tell that she said" Yes daddy?"

"How are you feeling princess?" He asked with nothing but concern laced up in his voice.

There was no reply

"Adi?"

"Yeah sorry... It hurts a lot and I am in so much pain that I don't feel like doing anything right now and that includes talking." She said kind of sounded irritated.

"I'm sorry..." He said instantly regretting bothering her.

"It's OK I guess. However, when we leave here, can we get Ice cream?"

"Yes, Adi!" He said. He would do anything to make her happy for the short time left that he probably had with her. Not that there would be anything stopping them from being together, it's just she might not want to stay with him anymore after she finds out the truth.

The doctor walks in.

"Hey, Adi! How are you feeling?" The doctor said sounding extremely happy. However, Adi hated that. She hated the happiness in the doctor's voice for it was too chirpy and loud and it was giving her a migraine.

"I feel like a ray of sunshine!" Adi said sarcastically. The doctor caught on to that.

"What's wrong?" Adi just looked at her like she was dumb. obviously, her broken foot was bothering her. However, Adi just said nothing.

"Well great news! All I have to do now is put the cast on Adi and then you guys will be free to go!"

"Can the cast be purple?" Adi asked monotonously.

"Sure Adi!" And with that, the nurse had walked away.

30 minutes later the nurse comes back and she puts the Cast on Adilyn

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Michael grabs Adilyn and is taking her to his car.

"How does your leg feel?"

"Weird but comfortable I guess." Adilyn replied.

"That's good! Are you dizzy or anything?"

"No, I feel fine." That was a lie. The pain medication that they gave her made her extremely dizzy. However, Adilyn wanted Ice Cream. "Can we get Ice cream now?"

"Of course." Then it fell silent. It wasn't awkward though. it was pretty comfortable.

Within ten minutes, they pull up. Adilyn uses the crutches that she had to get out of his car. They enter Baskin Robins.

"What flavor of Ice cream do you want Adi?"

"Just chocolate please." Adi made sure she always used her manners.

Michael orders the Ice cream and they sit in the ice cream shop having a nice little conversation but Michael was having a hard time focusing when he knew he had to break the news to her. Soon Adi finished her Ice cream and Michael help her into the car.

"Adi?"

"yes?" She could hear the nervousness laced in his voice.

"You remember those adoption papers you saw in my car about a week or two ago?"

"yeah, what about them?" She's kind of getting scared.

"Well... Those adoption papers are forged. You technically still belong to your uncle."

SURPRISE SURPRISE DID YOU MISS ME! Left on a cliffhanger huh? Does Michael have good intentions or did he just Kidnap a 17-year-old girl?

JK we're not done here

"W-What!" Michael felt bad. She had gone back to her stutter again.

"I'm sorry I just really wanted you to be mine. The truth is your uncle was really drunk one night and I told him that my wife and I couldn't have any kids. He told me that if he had lost the bet, that I'd get to keep you. He had one but I was angry so I forged these documents and decided to take you when you were walking. I didn't feel too bad though considering you looked miserable.

There was silence.

"Come on princess talk to me."

"Y-YOU LIED TO ME!"

"No, I didn't" Yes he did. "I just exaggerated the truth a little bit. Weren't you having fun though?"

" HE WILL COME BACK!"

"But we're having so much fun! I can the make the papers legal if you want."

"HE WON'T SIGN ME OVER BECAUSE HE LOVES BEATING ME!"

"HE BEATS YOU!" Michael was fuming at this point.

"YES HE BEATS ME!"

"WHY DO YOU WANT TO BE WITH SOMEONE WHO BEATS YOU?"

"I DON'T BUT I STILL LEGALLY BELONG TO HIM! WHICH IS MUCH MORE THAN I CAN SAY ABOUT YOU!"

Michael was hurt by that comment. He meant well when he did this.

"You can't just keep the forged documents. How has he not found out about this?"

" He thinks that your dad signed me over while your dad thinks your uncle signed me over. However, the judge won't ever know a thing.

"YES HE WILL!"

"I'm sorry but I heard your mom and dad don't really get along so maybe she'll back me up." Michael said hopefully.

"My mom is dead..."

"I'm sorry but we'll figure this out OK? Everything will be OK"

Adilyn sighs.

"No, it won't"

"Why won't it be?"

"I saw my dad outside of the hospital room. He knows where I am."

Michael; then realized that he did see Josef at the McDonald's across the street. He just thought he was hungry.

"He was there when I fell out of the tree too. I thought it was you at first so I climbed up the tree but as I hid I saw him run across the woods to try and find me. I thought I was hallucinating. You found me about 20 minutes later when you scared me out of the tree."

Michael was absolutely stumped at this point. He could only think of one thing to do right now.

"Let's run away."

"Where would we go? We have to much to lose."

"The only thing I have to lose right now is you."

"What about Jordyn?"

"After seeing her with you I realized how much of a brat she was. I don't need her."

"Where would we go?"

"I have a really rich friend who lives about 10 hours away if that. He has a lot of cars and a nice home so we don't have to worry about someone finding us or our car."

"Who is he?"

Michael smiled as he gave his friend this dramatic introduction...

"He goes by the name... CALUM HOOD!"