ℂℌɑ℘ɫℯɾ 9

A lil house in the Cupid world💕

ℜight at this moment, Esma's eyes could potentially fall out their sockets if they were any wider.
I smile at her and look towards the landscape in front of me.
We were up on a hill looking down towards the village.

The path splits into different directions between each row of houses. The houses are not like the human world, but instead are tiny wooden cottages with little lanterns. Little stores were placed along the paths, with many Cupid's surrounding it. Nearly every job and store you see in this world, is just like the one in your world.

"Wow." Esma whispers. She has a slight smile on her face but I can tell a million questions run through her mind.

"You are so damn lucky." She says to me, her eyes still fixed on the scene.

"Well, it's just the same as your world, but looks different."
I shrug.

Her feet moved, taking steps down towards one of the narrow pathways. I took out my phone that I barley use, knowing most probably we will be here for a few hours. Girls and shopping mixed together equals hours of wasted time. But a girl shopping in the Cupid world? God, I better get some comfy shoes and a whole days worth of food and water.

"This is amazing." Esma says, glancing at me.

"I guess so?" Its just like a cupid saying that about Kmart or target in the human world. To us, it's not that exciting. To Esma, it's a dream come true. Well, something like that.

She walks up to one of the stores. It's filled with Cupid's madly stuffing lollies in bags and paying at the front desk.
Tiny sliver, bronze and gold are the payment we use. Esma looks slightly confused as a cupid hands a bronze nugget-like stone to the shop keeper.

"You don't use money?" Esma asks.

"Nope. They are called Bitpieces." I say smiling. "Bronze is worth cents, Silver is tens of dollars and gold is worth hundreds of dollars."

"Wow, that's different. And pretty cool." She says, walking into the lolly store. I followed and picked up a packet of mini chocolates.
Esma watched as I paid with one bronze bitpiece.

We walked out as I opened the packet and started eating three at a time. Esma frowned at me.
By the time I finished the packet, I looked over at her face.

"Oh, sorry, did you want one?" I ask.

"Sorry doesn't put chocolate in my stomach now does it?" She crosses her arms.

I smirked and opened my hand covering apart of the packet. A small chocolate was in the corner where I was holding. I tipped it out and held it up in front of her.

"Because I'm nice." I say as I placed it in her hand.

Her eyes lit up, taking he bag and popping the piece of chocolate into her mouth. She moaned at the taste. I have to say, these chocolates are pretty delicious, nearly as good as the Lindt Balls.

A thought popped into my head.
"Follow me, I'm going to take you somewhere."

I started to walk down the path were the little houses started.
I had to slow down my walking pace so Esma could look at everything.

"I want to live in these houses, they are adorable!" She says smiling.

"Wait until you see the inside." I say proceeding to walk up to the house with the number 22 on the letterbox.

"We are going in there? Oh sweet mother of all that's good and pure."

I stop in front of the house and turn to her frowning. 
"Did you just quote Chandler Bing?"

Her eyebrows shoot up as her jaw hung open. "You watch Friends?"

"Watched, seen, heard. Sweetheart, I lived for friends." I laugh.
Yes Cupid's can watch shows from the human dimension, it's actually quite popular.

"That, I didn't know, maybe I have to be more nice to you. Well, only if you don't piss me off." She laughs, her eyes wide and looking into mine.
My stomach does a weird loop that makes me think I haven't eaten enough today.

"Told you I would make you laugh." I smirk leaving her standing there giving me an amused look.

"Let's go inside." I say.

I scanned my iMatch on the blank pad above the door nob.

"Wait, is this your house?" She asks me.

"Yeah, I have an apartment in the building and also a little house in the village." I answer

"Benefits of being rich." She shrugs.

I shake my head. "I'm not rich, Esma. Its not about money in the Cupid world, it's about you as a person."

"What do you mean by that?" She asks.

I open the door, immediately seeing the cozy inside and the warm air. As we walk in, there's a wooden kitchen, table and well, practically everything as that wood, nature look.

"Meaning, if your a good person, then you have good things given to you, but of course you have to work for them. It's a bit complicated to explain." I say.

"Oh. Well it's incredible in here, I feel like I'm at home." She smiles.

"Yeah, it's pretty cozy. It's a family home." I say admiring the furniture and surroundings.

Suddenly without my permission, a thought decided to enter my mind. I was surprised it had even occurred to me.

Looking at Esma gave me the image of me and a wife living here.
The wife being Esma. Of course, it's not actually going to be her, it's only because she's in front of me now.

I shook that thought out of my mind. No, she already has a match out there and so do you.

I cleared my throat, now feeling awkward and realising a have a girl standing in my house.

What is wrong with me? It's just Esma. I'm just showing her my house, it's not like we like each other. No, definitely not.

"Fancy a cup of tea?" I ask her, trying to get this weird feeling to go away.

She looks at me, tucking a piece of her hair behind her ear. She comes and sits on the chair on the opposite side of the bench.

"Yeah sure. Thanks." She smiles.