ℂℌɑ℘ɫℯɾ 28

Hope your still enjoying! There's only about 6 chapters lift until we come to an end:)
I will also be realising my new book soon, Gold Blooded, and I will put the cover up and the description at the end of this book:)

~~~~~
Everton's pov:

The room couldn't have been more tense.

I hold up my hand. "Wait, so let me get this straight. Esma is matched with Leo, Leo is matched with Lily and I am matched with Esma?"

"Seems so." Mr Jones nods, not believing what he is seeing.

"That's impossible though." Leo points out the obvious.

"Clearly not anymore." I add.

From the corner of my eye, I see Esma glancing at me shocked before looking away.

I'm her match. I can't believe this. Apart of me is relieved. The other part couldn't be more confused in my entire life.

"Do we run the system again?"

My father nods. "Run it again."

We all have nothing else to say, so we leave his office.

"I will go run the system." Leo says awkwardly before heading towards the lift.

"Do you think that we are really matched?" Esma voice came from beside me.

I look at her, this time with excitement and faith.
"I hope so."

At that, a smile spreads across her face. "I know we were never meant to like each other. But I want to say I don't feel this way only because I read that diary."

I nod at her, my heart racing. "I guess love conquers all?"

She looks down then smiles back up at me. "I guess it does." She whispers.

Suddenly Leo came back from the elevator, holding the papers in his hand.

He passes out matches.

"Looks like there is a flaw in the system. It still printed off the exact same. Which obviously isn't right."he tells us.

We open the door back to my Fathers office, he looks up from his desk, eager to see what we had found.

Esma still got Leo. And Leo stil got lily. We put down the papers on his desk, lined up.

Leo scratches his head. "How can this happen? What is the flaw?"

I breathe out. "The matchmaking system measures everything but love itself. You can't measure a feeling." I say, remembering my conversation with Eiroleth.

Leo tilts is head up like he understands, then frowns. "But why would that change now? It's never been wrong, there was never a problem."

My father stands up from his chair. "I need to wrap my head around this. In the meantime I recommend that Leo needs to find this Lily."

Leo looks uncomfortable. Probably because he kinda just broke up with Esma as well has now being forced to move on with this lily girl. And on top of that knowing about my history with Esma.
Then with her still like me. I feel for him.

He nods, with a hard expression he turns around and walks out the room.

"As for you too, I'm sad to say but she will need to wait 30 days again until she can be hit with a repel, if Leo really isn't her match." My father says to us.

I would expect the Esma before to say, 'Not again for God sake.'

But now that she's had her memory erased, it's all new to her.