three

I put my phone down to see a redhead girl sitting right next to me.

"Fuck, you scared me!" I jumped, placing my hand on my chest.

"Sorry," she laughed. "You're the new girl right?"

"Yup," I smiled.

"I'm Debbie," she said. "I can show you around the school later if you want."

"I'm Charlie. And actually I would love that," I sighed, glad I was finally making a friend.

"So are you from around here?" She asked, grabbing an apple out of her paper lunch bag.

"Actually I'm-"

As I was talking to Debbie, I got cut off. "Debbie. Give me 6 bucks for lunch please," a boy panted.

"No. Didn't Fiona give you lunch money?" Debbie asked, evidently annoyed.

"She wasn't even home this morning! Just give me the 6 fucking dollars!" he yelled.

I laughed, confused but also entertained by Debbie and this mysterious boys argument.

"Oh," Debbie said, looking over at me. "This is my headass of a brother, Carl, Carl this is Charlie."

"Oh yeahhh, the new girl," he smirked, taking off his backpack and putting it on the table. "I'm Carl," he sat down next to me, smelling strongly of weed.

I scoffed and raised my eyebrow. "I know, Debbie literally just said that."

"She did? I didn't even realize because you're so hot," he looked me in the eyes with the most stupid yet cute smile on his face.

"Well you're not shy," I laughed.

"Not at all, ma. Not even in the sheets," he smirked.

"Sorry, I don't sleep with assholes. Especially when I just met them," I crossed my arms.

"Damn okay. I would've considered tapping that if you weren't being such a-"

Debbie rolled her eyes. "You can't speak to a fucking female like a normal human being! Go away Carl," she threw his bag on the floor.

"Bitch," Carl mumbled. As he was walking away, he winked at me and I smiled back.

"Oh god, please don't tell me you like him," Debbie whined, seeing what had just happened.

I lightly laughed. "Are you being serious? He's an ass," I spoke, slightly lying.
Carl sort of... interested me. He wasn't at ALL shy and you could tell his teenage hormones were taking over.
I laughed at my thoughts.

"Oh thank fuck. You don't even want to know what it's like living with him," Debbie mumbled, taking another bite out of her apple.

"Hey, we only have like 4 more periods until schools over. Wanna walk home with me?" Debbie asked.

"Sure," I smiled.

Maybe the south side isn't so bad...