Sam's Dream

An 8 year old Sam sat crisscross in a field with tall, uncut, grass. The air smelled of honeysuckle and the sky was bright blue with a few perfectly shaped clouds. He picked at pieces of the overgrown weeds, keeping his eyes focused on the ground.

"Sammy! Come play," a tiny feminine voice said. Sam lifted his head to see a little redhead girl, only a few years older than him, standing next to his older brother. Sam smiled widely as he stood from the ground and ran to the other two children. Dean and the little girl ran ahead as Sam tried to catch them, small laughs escaped their lips. The girl started to slow down, panting to catch her breath.

"Look!" The girl spoke excitingly as she stopped dead in her tracks. She pointed up to an owl sitting causally in a tree. Sam didn't stop quickly enough and ran into her back, causing the two to tumble to the ground.

"Lilly?" Dean asked, worried about the girl being hurt.

"Dino!" She said as she rolled over on her back and looked at the boy standing above her. She pointed to a small cut on her knee and stuck her bottom lip out slightly. "I got a boo-boo," she spoke with a baby voice. Dean chuckled lightly before bending down and picking her up bridal style. "What about Sammy!?" She cried, looking back at the younger brother who was now standing, unarmed from the fall.

Dean carried Lilly to the front of the large hotel as Sam followed. He placed her gently on the grass under the weeping willow tree that provided the perfect amount of shade. Dean slowly started to pull his hand away from Lilly but accidentally grazed the top of her hand, causing his cheeks to grow a dark red. Dean pulled his hand away quickly as Lilly giggled and her cheeks grew even redder than Dean's. Sam took a deep breath.

"This is the best place we've ever been. I wish we could stay here all the time," Sam said as he admired the view of the Brookshire.

"I love when y'all come to visit. None of the other guests ever have kids my age," Lilly said making her usual pouty face. Dean and Sam laughed at the young girl sitting between them.

"We'll always visit you," Dean said with a shy smile as he turned his head to the tree. Lilly rose to her feet and stood casually in front of him and smiled.

"Let me see your knife," she commanded Dean as she held her hand out in front of her. He reluctantly reached into the pocket of his jeans and pulled out a pocket knife and placed it in the palm of her hand. She flicked open the pocket knife and turned to the tree trunk. Without a word she carved DW. Than, directly under that she carved SW before turning back to the boys and handing the knife back to Dean. Dean walked to the other side of the tree with Sam following and carved LB with a heart around the letters.

"Awh, Dino has a crush!" Sam teased, loud enough for Lilly to hear. She walked to the other side of the tree and saw the carving Dean made. A shy smile and red appeared across her face. She stood on her tip toes and placed a gentle kiss on Dean's cheek, sending the redness from her cheeks to his. "Eeeeewwww," Sam screeched before running off to the back of the house. Lilly and Dean were quick to chase after him.

The children rounded the building into the backyard and spotted the back of a redhead women holding a picnic basket. She turned around and smiled at the kids in front of them. Her eyes sparkled a dark green and her smile was relaxing.

"Mommy!" Lilly said happily as she ran up to her mother and hugged her legs.

"I made y'all lunch," Lilly's mother said with a smile, looking down at her daughter. Lilly grabbed the basket from her hand and thanked the women before skipping a few feet and placing the basket on the ground. The boys walked slowly to her and they all sat around and ate the lunch that Lilly's mom prepared. In that moment, they were all happy, truly happy. A feeling that Sam treasured with his whole heart.

The sky started to darken as Sam watched a row of ants crawling across the dirt. When he looked up, the kids were suddenly teenagers. Lilly and Dean were covered in blood. Lilly had a large gash in her shirt, blood covering the light blue fabric.

"Sammy, why'd you try to kill me?" Lilly asked with an evil smirk, sounding sinister and angry. She took a few steps closer to Sam as Dean stood behind her and looked at his brother with disappointment.

Sam shot up in his bed, drenched in sweat. A quick glance to his right exposed a peacefully sleeping Dean. Sam stood from his bed and threw on a t-shirt and his jacket before walking out of the room and down the long hallway. His feet lead the way, he didn't even fully process where he was going until he came to a weeping willow tree. He walked closer to the tree trunk, when he saw the initials LB with a heart carved around them, he reached out and traced the markings with his index finger. With a sigh, he walked to the other side of the tree to see two sets of initials, DW and SW.