12. Vinegar Here, Vinegar There, Vinegar Everywhere!

Nangong Longwei was patiently sitting in front of a pair of siblings whom seem to have forgotten he even existed.

When he first asked the princess on an outing, never did he expect to have a third wheel crash along, and for the third wheel to glare at him every time he tried to converse with the princess.

Speaking of the princess, she looked so lovely sitting there and quietly munching on snacks and drinking tea.

It was especially cute when she grew angry with her older brother for being too caring.

Despite watching the princess, Nangong Longwei made sure to quickly avert his eyes and pretend he was ignoring her.

He even watched her leave to go to the restroom for a moment with a frown on his face.

"That's my sister." Yu Lijie said possessively. "No matter if father emperor granted this marriage, it will soon be void. A mere duke thinks he is good enough for the first princess born from the empress? Maybe a concubine's daughter would fit better in terms of status."

Nangong Longwei lazily turned his eyes to Yu Lijie and gave him a leisured smile. That smile caused unexpected shivers to run down Yu Lijie's back and break out in cold sweat.

"I appreciate Prince Yu's thoughts, but this marriage has been granted by the emperor. Unless you think the emperor wasn't wise in such a decision? You think the Son of Heaven was wrong for doing what he did?"

Yu Lijie paled at Nangong Longwei's meaning. He was hinting that Yu Lijie was disobeying the emperor by placing his opinion over the emperor.

Such a crime not only stripped Yu Lijie of his crown prince status, but in a more severe case, might even bring him death!

"Nangong Longwei!" Yu Lijie slammed his fist on the table, "What are you implying? That benwang is thinking of a coup against father emperor? I appreciate the concern, but your lordship should worry about yourself. After all, standing on thin ice is a dangerous thing that can crack and drown you at any unexpected moment."

Yu Lijie merely returned a threat with another threat. His meaning was clear-Nangong Longwei was in a trickier situation than him, so he didn't have the right to discuss such a topic.

Before Nangong Longwei could retort, he furrowed his eyebrows in realization.

Yu Lijie thought he had given up but the next words that came out Nangong Longwei's mouth caused him to realize the same thing.

"Where is the princess? It has been so long, yet she had not returned..."

"Zhen Zhen!" Yu Lijie panicked.

They left a few bank notes on the table and dashed out only to see that Yu Zhenzhen was nowhere to be seen.

"Zhen Zhen!" Yu Lijie called out in worry as he looked around.

Both the young mens' gazes turned to the bustling group of commoners whom were shopping and selling in the market.

"We have to split up." Nangong Longwei said coldly.

As much as he hated to agree with his sister's temporary fiancé, Yu Lijie nodded. "I'll go to the Minister of Justice and get him to summon the soldiers."

Nangong Longwei didn't allow him to say anything as he disappeared in a flash.

Yu Lijie also turned around and went in the opposite direction.