40. Accusations Mixed With a Game of Chess!? (II)

Meanwhile, Yu Zhenzhen and Ouyang had begun their game of chess.

"So, tell me..." Yu Zhenzhen picked up a white, wooden piece and set it forward on the chessboard. "Why is the famous scholar, son the of prime minister, Ouyang Dichen, visiting this princess?" Before he could reply, she quickly added, "And don't tell me it's actually to play a simple game of chess..."

The sound of the pawn hitting the wood echoed in her royal pavilion but she didn't care as all her attention was on the man with the peach blossom eyes. He lazily narrowed them and smiled, "Just checking up on this princess. Any problems lately?"

Yu Zhenzhen laughed dryly, "None, thank you scholar for your concern." Problems? This yandere bastard is rubbing salt on my wounds.

His lazy expression didn't change, but something flashed across his eyes. It quickly disappeared before Yu Zhenzhen could catch what it was.

He placed down a random piece and Yu Zhenzhen smiled sarcastically. It looks like it was her win and the game had barely started! Who knew the famous scholar with a yandere trait was actually so bad at chess?

Zheng Mimi had only learned to play the game due to the insistence of a colleague, but it later became a well-loved hobby, other than cooking, of course.

She placed down another piece and smiled mockingly at the handsome face in front of her, "Checkmate!"

He didn't look disappointed nor did he react much, almost like he expected it. Suddenly, he blinked away his lazy expression and a harsh look replaced his calm exterior, "Who are you?"

"W-What?" Yu Zhenzhen cursed herself for stuttering like an idiot. Why was she stuttering? Why was she nervous? It was impossible for the man in front of her to know anything.

"You heard me. Who are you and what have you done with the real first princess of Yu?"

Yu Zhenzhen burst out laugh, "Excuse me?"

"Ever since the day of your amnesia... You've acted completely different. It took me approximately two years-ever since your birthday banquet-to find enough evidence that you're an imposter. The idea of you posing as the princess has haunted me ever since your different attitude at your birthday banquet. I then proceeded to keep a very close eye on you, and surprisingly, I was right! Either you're a doppelgänger, or you're a ghost possessing the body."

Seeing Yu Zhenzhen's stunned expression, Ouyang Dichen grinned and continued, "I actually don't believe in anything supernatural related, so I'm positive it's the first option. So tell me, who hired you to play the role of our bratty princess?"

Zheng Mimi was shocked. This boy had been stalking her to figure her out? And to think, he had been so accurate up to his last statement. What doppelgänger? Zheng Mimi could only wish to look as gorgeous as Yu Zhenzhen.

She was only a chef that got transmigrated while reading a novel. It hadn't even been her choice!

Technically, I didn't have to be stupid enough to eat that egg.

But who could blame her? She thought it was an extra egg and her stomach was growling like a bear. A hungry woman will do anything.

And to make matters worse, her stupid heart fell in love with an cold dude that is dead! Her brain was thinking logically, but her heart was confused. Love is hopelessly traumatizing yet bitterly beautiful.

"Stupid." She spat the word out before she could control herself. "You stupid dumbass."

Ouyang Dichen gasped at her choice of language. Her tone and words matched exactly the previous princess... was he wrong?

Especially since he had known her since they were children.

You're just angry that she started ignoring you ever since her birthday banquet, a voice reminded Ouyang Dichen. The young man frowned. Maybe it was his jealously? After all, she had clung onto him as children, to the point it annoyed him.

Nowadays, she didn't even spare him a glance and continued on with her life. Was she truly all grown up and he refused to accept it?

Thinking about it, his accusations were a bit foolish. She was a princess and the first princess at that! And she was the number one beauty in the entire country! Who would dare impersonate her... If she did have a doppelgänger, there would be rumors and gossip...

And for her to be possessed? That was ridiculous!

Ouyang Dichen bowed his head in shame, "Forgive me, princess."

Yu Zhenzhen noticed how uncomfortable he was turning and waved it off, "As punishment, you have to come here often to be my chess opponent!"

He looked up, shocked, and a smile formed on his face. To be honest, he actually liked this attitude more than princess' previous attitude, anyways.

Change was good, right?

In his moment of slowly accepting the princess, Ouyang Dichen forgot to mention his evidence: there had been no one hired or no one to personally teach the princess chess... So how did she know how to play it so well?

👑👑👑

End of the flashback! Next chapter will hopefully be posted tomorrow...

Prepare for another plot twist...

I know, I kept throwing plot twists at you guys lol

But there is one plot twist that you guys asked for... does anyone remember it?

It plays a major role in YZZ's future 😉

Also, this two chapters are filler chapters...

Anyways,
Until the next update 💛