45. Reunited (Ex) Lovers (II)

With the sudden resolution to make himself known, Nangong Longwei swiftly, yet seemingly casually, walked in the direction of Yu Zhenzhen. When he saw her, he was amazed to find her surrounded. Narrowing his dark, phoenix eyes, Nangong Longwei moved closer and gaped at the scene.

Yu Zhenzhen held out her shoe and was smacking the soldiers that tried to get close to her with a fierce expression. Seeing her up close after so long, Nangong Longwei felt his breath hitch and his palms sweaty. Here she was, right in front of him, yelling and cursing at his soldiers, and still looking like a goddess descended from the heavens.

And she was all his.

With that final thought, Nangong Longwei strode forward and the people in front of him froze. His soldiers immediately straightened their postures and bowed their heads in respect. Yu Zhenzhen stopped and stared at the man in front of her with a red mask. His tall frame radiated arrogance and his broad arms were crossed. He walked in her direction which caused Yu Zhenzhen to inhale sharply and slowly back away.

When Yu Zhenzhen's back hit another soldier, the mysterious man quickly leaped forward and swooped her in his arms. Yu Zhenzhen couldn't help but get a sense of déjà vu. This man's arms felt like she was in his arms, but that shouldn't be possible. He had been dead for over three years...

Yu Zhenzhen used her shoe-that was still in her hand-and violently smacked the red-masked man on his chest. He stumbled and his tight grip loosened, allowing Yu Zhenzhen to quickly escape.

When he tried to snatch her into his arms again, she quickly dodged and stood in front of him with clear annoyance shown on her face. "You know, it's very improper for a strange man to even look at me, nonetheless touch me."

Nangong Longwei chuckled. Even when in an enemy camp, the princess would not forget simple things like this. Although she seemed to have forgotten she was in an enemy camp. She held her shoe out in defense and gave him a glare, which only made her look adorable.

"Yu Zhenzhen..." Nangong Longwei though she paused in shock, surprised someone had recognized her. But in reality, the princess was shocked because the man's voice sounded exactly like him.

"W-Who are y-you?" She stuttered fearfully. She was confused as to how the enemy had managed to find her weakness and get a somewhat replica of him.

The man's dark eyes were visible under his red mask and they were filled with ice and another emotion Yu Zhenzhen could not decipher. "They call me Ruthless Raven..." Yu Zhenzhen gasped when he said his name. She recognized it as the same name of the leader of the rebellious army against the Yu imperial family. She gulped and held out her shoe even higher, as to prove she was not afraid.

Nangong Longwei smirked at her cute antics and slowly begun removing his red mask. When his face became visible, Yu Zhenzhen's heart stopped.

It was him! It was the man that had haunted her dreams ever since the accident three years ago. It was the man that had infuriated her, yet slowly subconsciously had her falling in love with him. The man she had a love-hate relationship... The man by the name of Nangong Longwei.

Yu Zhenzhen pinched herself to test if she was dreaming, but to her surprise, the nightmare-slash-dream come true was a reality. It was a nightmare because he was her empire's enemy and a dream come true because his face helped patch up her bleeding heart.

Wait a minute! I already decided to marry Natsu Sin! This fool can't just appear out of no where and expect me to forgive him!

Nangong Longwei watched as his beloved's face twist from shock to happiness to regret to fury. She raised her shoe and threw it as hard as she could in his direction. He didn't dodge and allowed the small thing to hit his chest, which thanks to his muscles, he didn't feel.

He tried to reach for her in a hug but she only intensified her glare and her eyes filled with more anger, "You stupid asshole!"

Out of all things Nangong Longwei had imaged she would say at their reunion, this was not one of them.

"Bastard!" Yu Zhenzhen continued to curse, "Dumb chicken nugget! Son of a biscuit dipped in poo! How could you-how could... why?"

Nangong Longwei felt helpless against her frustration and in her moment of confusion, he wrapped his large arms around her small frame. She struggled to get away, but Nangong Longwei didn't permit her the opportunity as he breathed her in. It had been too long.

"Let me go! Please, I'm engaged!" Yu Zhenzhen blurted out, but she immediately regretted it when the atmosphere around the man turned bitter cold.

"To who?" Nangong Longwei snapped, "Gloomy? Absurd weed? That crying goose pimple? Or the seemingly rejected pig's trotters?"

Yu Zhenzhen couldn't help herself and she burst out laughing, "Panties? Do you know what that word means?"

"It sounds like a male name to me..." Nangong Longwei said in exasperation. "Is he in your little harem?"

Yu Zhenzhen sighed at the stupidity of the man in front of her. His jealousy caused him to see and think all types of wrong things.

At least he actually assumes something, unlike how your naïve self doesn't see anything, a familiar voice echoed in Yu Zhenzhen's head. She quickly turned to the source and gaped. There stood OYZZ, her face twisted into annoyance and hatred. Yu Zhenzhen immediately noticed her hatred was pointed at the man in front of her-Nangong Longwei.

✨✨✨

Must. Keep. Writing...