Alternate Ending #1: And They Lived Happily Ever After (II)

Alternate Ending #1: And They Lived Happily Ever After (II) ⚠️SMUT/BL WARNING⚠️

Yu Lijie & Wuxiang Changqing's story.

Yu Lijie sighed as he heard his mother ramble on about his sister's irresponsibility and eloping a few months ago. His mother ranted about the proper way a lady should behave and how his sister was most likely possessed to still be in love with a jerk that pretended to be dead for so long.

At her last sentence, Yu Lijie couldn't help but nod. It was true, the man had made his sister suffer for so long like an undead zombie, living each day blandly and emotionlessly. He narrowed his eyes and clenched his fists, he would have to speak a few words with Nangong Longwei about the way he should treat his previous sister. It was at this moment he noticed the empress had stopped talking and was muttering, "Go find your sister and bring her home... I have a few words to say to her."

Yu Lijie shuddered at the thought of what punishment his sister was going to get. Everyone had assumed that their father, the emperor, was the force in the family while the empress, their mother, was a sweet and benevolent mother of the nation...

But in reality, his mother had a hard grip on their father and him and his sister. She was sweet majority of the time but strict when necessary. Yu Lijie knew there was no way to persuade his mother otherwise, so he nodded.

Empress Yu smiled, pleased at her son for being so understanding. She patted his head, though she had to use get on her tippy toes since her son was taller than her petite frame.

Yu Lijie rolled his eyes at his mother's antics but didn't resist, so he allowed himself to be patted like a dog...

👑👑👑

After getting an order from his mother to return his sister, Yu Lijie dressed as a commoner and galloped on his horse, on a solo mission. He had managed to persuade his parents that any unnecessary protection or soldiers would wear them down and easily alert their enemies of the crown prince of Yu outside the palace. With him going on disguise, they'd be a less chance of danger and recognition.

He continued to ride on his horse until he arrived at the destination of his sister's last-sighted appearance, a small town by the name of Qigong. He stopped at an inn to rest until he saw a group of burly men surrounding someone. Out of curiosity, he walked forward only to hear their crude words, "Hey, spend one night with us and we'll let you go." One of the men snickered as he reached for the person. Yu Lijie noticed the person they were surrounding was a beautiful girl with sharp but playful eyes and a scowl on her face. "Leave me alone!" The girl's voice was a bit deep, but still held femininity in it. Yu Lijie assumed it was because she was frightened.

Being the gentleman he is, Yu Lijie called out, "Leave the lady alone! If you're looking for a women, the local brothel should be enough." Everyone turned to him, including the girl. Her scowl deepened but Yu Lijie didn't notice as he pulled out his sword, quickly getting rid of the men.

"My lady, please don't be afraid, for you are safe." Instead of getting the thanks Yu Lijie had expected, the girl snapped, "You idiot! I was handling the men perfectly fine! And besides, are you blind? I'm clearly a guy!" The past sentence froze Yu Lijie as he watched the man point to his flat, toned chest. "See?" Seeing that Yu Lijie was still speechless, the man smirked and shamelessly offered, "I can show you something else that will make you believe."

When Yu Lijie realized the meaning of his words, he immediately blushed and turned around without bothering with the mysterious man again. Seeing Yu Lijie leave, the man chuckled. A few minutes later, a couple appeared and they immediately noticed the man's happy mood. "Wuxiang Changqing, why do you seem to be in such a good mood?"