41. The Return of the Forgotten Plot Line

"Zhen Zhen!" Emperor Yu called out, his tone filled with distress. "We have an emergency."

Emergency? Could it be that he's not seeing me regarding my new engagement?

"Imperial Father, what's wrong?" Yu Zhenzhen quickly rushed toward the old emperor and kneeled by his throne.

Emperor Yu smiled at the sight of his filial daughter, her eyes showing her worry and her wisdom. He had thought to keep this from her to prevent her stress, but the problem has escalated to a dangerous point.

"Zhen Zhen... we are getting attacked." Those six words caused Yu Zhenzhen's heart to stop.

Attacked?

In the original novel, Nangong Longwei attacked the capital with an army to take over the throne, killing off every single person with the surname of Yu-the very last person he killed being Yu Zhenzhen. Since he was dead, who was attacking the empire?

Yu Zhenzhen remembered a very important point in the original novel-Nangong Longwei had collaborated with Natsu Sin, the foreign, spy prince, to gain his goals. Although many problems arise when Natsu Sin falls in love with Qing Xiaolin toward the end of the novel. But now that Nangong Longwei was out of the picture, did that mean it was Natsu Sin acting on his own?

Yu Zhenzhen was so caught up with her emotional distress that she forgot the main plot line could make a return at any moment. No matter that Natsu Sin was in love with her, his main priority was to invade the country of Yu for his country. He had already spent so long in the country of Yu, striking now seemed a bit odd.

Sure the military wasn't as strong as it used to be, since Nangong Longwei passed away, but the country of Yu was still not to be trifled with. Besides, why did Natsu Sin decide now was the perfect time to make his move?

Wait.

She, Yu Zhenzhen, was making assumptions. What if it wasn't Natsu Sin at all? What if the novel decided to throw in a new villain to progress the book as it is supposed to be?

Emperor Yu's words snapped Yu Zhenzhen out of her thoughts, "Rumors has it that the enemy army's leader is a person that wears a red mask and is called Ruthless Raven, known for their heartless and cruel behavior. Nobody knows whether they are a man or a woman..."

Yu Zhenzhen gasped. This was indeed something she did not remember in the original plot line. Who was this stranger and what was their aim? She would have to speak to OYZZ about this.

Remembering the stubborn girl that had refused to speak to Yu Zhenzhen these past few years, she frowned. OYZZ would appear at her own leisure and disappear without a trace at anytime. Each time she appeared, it seemed like it was only Yu Zhenzhen that could see her and talk to her.

But sadly, OYZZ would never speak with Yu Zhenzhen. Every time the vengeful ghost appeared, she would shoot Yu Zhenzhen a look of pure disappointment.

So Zheng Mimi didn't exactly break the male lead's heart nor did she kill the female lead... But how could she do such inhumane acts? Just the thought made her shudder. No matter how much someone tries to force it down her throat, she was one that was easily too naïve.

She couldn't help it. She truly couldn't help it. And this was a flaw that she despised about herself. Why couldn't she be selfish? Why couldn't she think more realistically? If she was thinking logically, she should've booted the female lead the moment she caused Yu Zhenzhen to look bad.