38. Decisions and Duty

"Grandmother!" Yu Zhenzhen exclaimed when seeing the old woman she met while having a fun date with Natsu Sin.

To Yu Zhenzhen's surprise, there was another man sipping tea with the elderly woman as they casually chatted without a single care.

The man turned around and Yu Zhenzhen felt her breath hitch. It was Natsu Sin, the man she had rejected multiple times yet he still was a persistent suitor, wanting to marry her despite her somewhat old age.

Seeing Yu Zhenzhen, both the Xi Elder and Natsu Sin brighten up and her up to greet her. They smiled politely at Er Xi and completely ignored Qing Xiaolin like she wasn't even there.

This displeased the girl but she still managed her perfect, angelic facade without a single crack.

Natsu Sin grabbed her wrist, and to his surprise, Yu Zhenzhen didn't pull away like usual. This puzzled the foreign prince since the princess would usually scold him for not having proper etiquette and remind him she had another man in her heart.

Speaking of the bastard that Natsu Sin hated with every fiber of his being-and was secretly jealous of, not that he'd admit-the moment his death was announced, Natsu Sin watched as Yu Zhenzhen break.

The poor princess didn't expect the man that protected her so fervidly to suddenly die on that cliff. Not only did it break Natsu Sin's heart seeing the bubbly girl lose her childish attitude, but it also triggered a new ray of hope in his heart since he now officially had a chance to woo and heal the princess.

To his dismay, she had rejected him every single time saying she wasn't interested. But Natsu Sin was persistent and knew that if he abandoned her now, she would be hooked on a dead man forever. He felt that once they were married, she would slowly begin to fall in love with him as much as he was in love with her.

Originally, Natsu Sin came to the country of Yu to spy and gather information on the neighboring country. But to his distress, seeing the princess at the sixteen birthday banquet, he was awestruck and wanted to know her more.

This escalated to the point he didn't dare leave in fear that the impulsive girl would really become a nun. In that case, he'd have to give up completely.

Watching her now, he didn't see the same girl who gave him a sarcastic look and quickly brushed him off like nothing. Today, her eyes were a lot brighter and it seemed like she had reached a resolution.

His hand that grasped her wrist tightened and he silently prayed it wasn't anything negative.

Yu Zhenzhen glanced around and sighed, "I have decided..."

Elder Xi grabbed her other wrist, causing the charm bracelet now full of charms to tinkle. The charms have been from all the types of things Yu Zhenzhen went through, throughout the span of three years. The elderly admired the slim and pale wrist and nodded in appreciation. "Your skin is still healthy and smooth... But it won't be for long! Granddaughter, are you going to let this old lady never experience your wedding?"

Yu Zhenzhen ignored the dark eyes of Natsu Sin and coughed awkwardly. She didn't see a pair of jealous eyes following her bashful motion and a pair of swooning eyes grinning in happiness.

"Grandmother... I..." Yu Zhenzhen gulped loudly, but she decided to stick with this resolution that she thought of to make everyone happy. "I have decided to move on."

Everyone paused in astonishment, including Qing Xiaolin who thought she had the princess figured out.

"I have decided to marry. I think... staying unmarried will inflict a negative impact on the reputation of the Yu royal family. I have hurt those surrounding me, enough, so I will marry." Yu Zhenzhen's tone was hesitant yet strong. She wasn't completely sure about the decision, but she knew it was for the best.

Will this make you happy? Yu Lijie's voice rung in her head.

Yu Zhenzhen ignored the voice and ignored her heart that seemed to want to bleed. It didn't matter. She was a princess. She was the first princess. She couldn't be selfish, no matter how much she wanted to.

Marrying was a duty she had avoided for too long. It wasn't fair. She wasn't causing physical harm, but she still heard the horrible rumors and things people said about her parents, the emperor and empress of Yu. They said how they were pathetic to keep a nineteen year old at the palace instead of having her married off.

Yu Zhenzhen could handle someone insulting her, but she hated anyone that insulted those that mattered to her.

Natsu Sin clenched his fists in worry and anxiety, "Who will you marry?"

His heart kept thumping fast in fear mixed with anticipation for her answer.

Yu Zhenzhen pretended to ponder over the answer and suddenly grinned, "I'm too lazy to look through the list of suitors, so I guess I'll have to marry a certain foreign prince..."

Natsu Sin released his tense aura and smiled brightly, sweeping Yu Zhenzhen in a hug, "I will make you happy."

Yu Zhenzhen only smiled and didn't say anything else, allowing herself to be picked up princess style.

Unbeknownst to everyone in the shop, there had been an expert with a red mask listening to they entire conversation. When he heard Yu Zhenzhen's proclamation, he clenched his sword so hard the metal began to bend. Blood trickled down his hand but he paid it no heed and glared in the direction of the couple.

Yu Zhenzhen, the man bitterly mused, if only you waited a bit longer...

His grip on his sword tightened, causing more blood to drip. No matter. Even if you don't want, you can't escape... you are mine.

👑👑👑

Woah... from tsundere to yandere 👀

I promise guys, he won't always be like this. Only with our Zhen Zhen... anyways, who do you think that the dude is?

And for #Natyu (that's a crappy ship name, please don't hesitate to suggest better ship names 😂), don't give up since I might pull a random plot twist and they end up together. (No promises)

It'll be a cute twist if the second female lead ended up with second male lead 😌

But that's just an idea, not guaranteed it'll happen.

Anyways,
double update lol

Thanks for reading 💕

(Tuesday's update)