ONE

A/N: takes place at the end of The Force Awakens.

"Go with her," her aunt said softly. Padmé blinked looking out the window at Poe, with  BB-8.

"Who?" Padmé played dumb, her aunt Leia looked unamused.

"Rey," Leia said. "You should see him."

Padmé hasn't seen her father since he kissed her forehead and told her goodbye. That was before Ben changed. That was before her Uncle Han died.

"I don't know her auntie. Besides what would I even say to him?" Padmé's long brown hair was untangled from its normal braid and was loose on her shoulders.

"Anything, whatever you need to say," Leia said.

"It's funny. Ever since I was little and he left I dreamt of seeing him. But now that I have the chance I'm scared." Padmé said softly wrapping her arms around her body. Leia truly didn't know what to say to her niece.

"I'll go, but only to make sure she... doesn't get hurt. Not because I want to see him," Padmé said. Leia bite the inside of her cheek to stop herself from smirking.

"Oh of course. I packed your bag already," Leia said handing it to the sun kissed girl.

"How did you know I would even agree to go?" Padmé said grabbing the bag.

"Because I know you," Leia said sweetly. "And I was gonna order you to go as your general and as your aunt."

"Oh okay" Padmé said rolling her eyes playfully. Leia and Padmé walked to the landing strip.

"Wait I need to say goodbye to Poe," Padmé said quickly. Leia nodded and pointed towards Poe who was leaning down talking to BB-8.

Padmé jogged over and Poe looked up and smiled at the younger woman.

"I'm leaving with Rey to find my father," Padmé said rather quickly. Poe blinked and smiled sadly at her. Poe didn't say anything and leaned down and hugged her. Padmé smiled and hugged him back.

Poe knew what to do to make her feel better. Poe was her best friend and she was his (although neither of them told that to BB-8).

"Don't do anything stupid," Padmé whispered.

"No promises," Poe whispered back. They pulled away and Poe rubbed her head, messing up her hair.

Padmé laughed and she leaned down to BB-8.

"Keep him safe, for me?" Padmé asked the droid.

BB-8 deeper in understanding and she smiled. She kissed the droid on the top of the head. If droids could blush BB-8 would have been bright red.

As Padmé was walking off she heard Poe yell. "Tell your father I said hi!"

"No!" Padmé yelled back. Padmé saw her aunt with a tall slim girl she presumed was Rey. Rey's brown hair in a loose bun's.

"This is my niece Padmé, she'll be going with you." Leia introduced the two girls.

Rey immediately shook Padmé's hand and smiled.

"I have heard so much about you," Rey said.

"Likewise," Padmé said shaking Rey's hand back. Padmé smiled at the taller girl.

Leia handed Rey the map. That was the map that would lead Padmé to her father.

"Protect one another," Leia said.

"Of course," Rey said nodding.

"Rey can you give me a moment?" Padmé asked. Rey nodded and walked towards the Millennium Falcon. Padmé looked at her aunt and gave her a tight hug.

"I'm scared I won't see you again," Padmé said sadly.

"I'll see you soon my dear," Leia said kissing Padmé's cheek with a sad smile.

When Padmé got on the Falcon Rey was already sitting in the pilots seat.

"I thought I was gonna fly," Padmé whispered to Chewbacca.

"You ready?" Padmé asked sitting in the copilot seat.

"As ever," Rey said back calmly. Rey pressed the ignition and pulled the ship into the air. She opened the map and Padmé finally got a real chance to look at it. The Falcon was quite besides Chewbacca's heavy breathing.

"You're his daughter, right?" Rey asked. The got out of warp speed and Rey rubbed her sweaty hands on her pants.

"Yeah... I am," Padmé said looking down at her hands.

"Oh that's..." Rey didn't say anything.

"Why are you being sent?" Padmé asked. Rey looked up and scrunched her eyebrows in confusion.

"I just want to meet him, I've heard so much and," Rey reached into her bag and pulled out a lightsaber "this is his." Padmé looked down at the lightsaber. She held it tightly in her hands and let out a sigh. She felt Chewbacca rub her head affectionately.

" The both of you, were you two close? Before he disappeared?" Rey asked. Rey wasn't sure why she wanted to know more about her. Rey had never had many female friends or rather many friends growing up. Before Finn, Rey was truly alone.

"I like to think so, it makes things easier," Padmé said.

"He used to take me up in an X-wing and we would just fly. I was so young and it was... nice," Padmé said. She remembered bouncing on her fathers lap and him letting her pretend to fly.

"I'm sure he'll be happy to see you again," Rey said smiling a small smile at her.

"Yeah... hopefully," Padmé said.

A/N: so this is the first chapter  and I love Leia and Padmé and you're gonna learn more
about their relationship as time goes on.

Also Poe and Padmé is mlm and wlw unity.