THREE

Rey was asleep soundly while Chewbacca sat outside with a fire

Rey was asleep soundly while Chewbacca sat outside with a fire. Padmé sat next to him as he roasted one of the strange animal with big black eyes and an egg shaped body were over running the ship.

A crowed of them stared at Padmé and Chewbacca in horror.

"I think you hurt their feelings," Padmé said.

Chewbacca growled at them and they flew away in terror.

"Nice," Padmé said getting up and going back on the ship. She saw Rey sleeping and walked as quietly as she could.

She leaned against a wall and sighed, she was about to lay down and try her some sleep. Padmé felt the presences of someone else. She peaked from her place and saw someone enter the pilots pit.

She knew it was her father. It was him it had to be. Who else was on this damn planet?

Luke looked around and smiled at the familiarity of the Falcon.

"Padmé," he said softly. Was he talking to her or just saying her name?

When she was younger Luke and her had played hide and seek. He would always find her within the first three minutes. He could always sense where she was. It was comforting that he could always make sure she was safe.

"Come out," Luke said.

Padmé swallowed and slowly entered the cockpit.

He didn't turn around but Padmé could see a faint smile on his face.

She had planned this. She was not going to cry. She was not going to rush into his arms like a scared child. Padmé was not going to beg him for anything. She's a woman now, she didn't need him anymore.

What was she to say? Luckily her father spoke first.

"You're tall. You used to be so small," he said turning around.

Don't cry; Padmé thought to herself. Padmé said nothing and Luke continued. He seemed to be uncomfortable, with her not talking; so he rambled.

"I heard that Rey say that Leia wanted you to come. From the looks of the Falcon you had a ruff landing. How are-" Padmé seemed to be staring through him.

"Uncle Han is dead," Padmé said.

Luke shut his eyes and then looked at the ground. She wasn't going to cry. Padmé hated crying in front of people as it was.

"I know," Luke said.

Rey must have told him Padmé thought.

It was silent now. She had to ask, the question that had burning in her mind ever since he left. Ever since he never returned or responded to her communications transceiver.

"Why did you leave me?" Padmé asked. Luke seemed to be upset by the question.

"Why did you never come back? Why didn't you let me know you weren't dead? Why did you not take me with you? Why was I not good enough?" Padmé stepped forward and bombarded him with questions.

Before Luke could answer one she had another.

"I was thirteen when Ben joined them, uncle Han left, Chewie left, aunt Leia was busy even if she tried. I was alone, you left me alone," Padmé bite the inside of her cheek.

Luke stepped forward and tried to pull her into a hug but she stepped back against the wall.

"I needed you," Padmé whispered.

"I'm sorry," Luke said painful. He looked at the ground, then Padmé did something to surprise him and herself. She rushed into his arms.

She was still so small to him, Padmé would always be small. And right now she looked as she did when she was ten.

"I'm so sorry Pad," Luke said kissing her forehead that made her cry harder.

Padmé pulled away and couldn't resist the huge smile that came on her face.

It was quite for a brief moment, when R2 came in beeping happily.

"R2?" The droid came towards Luke and began to beep aggressively.

"Yes, I know." Luke said nodding. Padmé watched and sniggered. R2 beeped angrily and Luke shushed him.

"Hey sacred island, watch the language!" Luke said.

R2 beeped in a grieving type tone.

Luke smiled, "old friend."

"I wish I could make you understand," he then looked at Padmé. "But I'm not coming back."

"Nothing can make me change my mind," Luke said. Padmé sighed knowing she could do nothing.

R2 turned his head and projected a message. Padmé day on the floor next to the droid and watched it.

It was a message of her Aunt Leia she looked so much younger. Padmé had seen it only once before.

"That was a cheat move," Luke said to the droid.

Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope.

〰️

"You're gonna train her?" Padmé asked.

"And you, but she will need more help then you will." Luke said as they stared at Rey sleeping. She was snoring softly.

Rey woke up and looked up at the both of them.

"Tomorrow at dawn," Luke said. "Three lessons. I will teach you the ways of the Jedi. And why they need to end." Luke rubbed Padmé on the head before leaving.

Rey blinked in confusion.

"You convinced him to help?" Rey asked Padmé.

"No, my aunt did," Padmé smiled.

Rey couldn't help but think of how much she liked Padmés smile.