SIX

Padmé sat outside in the rain

Padmé sat outside in the rain. She didn't mind the rain truly, Chewie sat inside the Millennium Falcon trying to reach the Resistance. Padmé wondered if what she saw was real. She wondered if they were truly being destroyed by The First Order.

A small animal the one with the big black eyes looked at her in awe. Padmé wondered what it was thinking. She picked the creature up gently and it looked scared.

"Can I ask you a question?" Padmé asked, the animal who let out a strange noise.

"Do you think I could kill Kylo Ren?"

"Meep." the creature said.

"I don't," Padmé said. She believed that. She couldn't defeat Ben that was her cousin.

"I want to," Padmé let out a weak laugh. "I want to because it's what's right for the galaxy. But I don't think I can."

"Meep." The creature repeated.

"I like you, you're easy to talk to." Padmé said and the creature blinked at her.

"I'm gonna keep you," Padmé said "I'm gonna name you Han."

The small creature looked happy about that because it jumped out of Padmés hands and flew to her shoulder. It seemed to be purring and rubbing its back on her shoulder.

Padmé let our 'hm' and got up from her spot on the rock. She slid down the hill and landed on her feet. Han still siding on her shoulder happily.

She saw Rey standing in the rain and smiled. She wore a coat to protect her from the rain although Rey seemed unbothered by it.

"Hey," Padmé said.

"Hi," Rey smiled back. Rey nodded at the animal on Padmés shoulder.

"Who's that?" Rey asked playfully.

Padmé walked closer with a sly smile on her face. Rey watched her carefully and Padmé was now standing in front of the fair skinned woman.

"It's my new pet," Padmé said. "His name is Han."

Rey couldn't help the small laugh that came from her.

"That's cute," Rey muttered to herself.

"I like your coat," Padmé said smiling at Rey.

"Why thank you Padmé Skywalker," Rey said twirling around.

"You're welcome," Padmé said.

"I've never seen rain before."

Padmé watched Rey look out into the ocean. She leaned out and let the rain fall onto her hands.

"All I've known was desert," Rey spoke sadly. Padmé didn't know to respond to that.

"Um, I like the rain too." Padmé said awkwardly. Han threw himself off her shoulders and flew into the Millennium Falcon. Rey was staring off into the ocean and Padmé blinked at her.