SEVEN

Padmé sat in the Millennium Falcon watching the rain trickle down the window

Padmé sat in the Millennium Falcon watching the rain trickle down the window. Han was snuggled up against her side snoring. She scratched his head.

Padmé wondered if Rey was still awake. Maybe they could talk? Maybe Padmé she say how she felt about the brunette.

Maybe she she should say that whenever Rey is around her heart beats faster. Her day gets better. Her smile grows wider. Rey makes her... feel better. It was strange really, Padmé had never felt this type of need for companionship before.

She picked up Han and put him on one of her jackets he didn't seem to notice.

She walked quickly to Rey's hut the rain falling hair. She raised an eyebrow when she saw her father rising to Rey's hut. She stopped for a minute and watched.

Suddenly Rey's hut was thrown apart. Padmé screamed and rushed to where her father and Rey were now standing. She almost slipped but she managed to run between them.

"Is it true? Did you try to murder him?" Rey yelled.

Padmé looked at her in confusion. She looked at her father.

"Leave this island now!" Her father said angrily.

"What? What happened?" Padmé yelled slightly annoyed.

Her father said nothing and turned away. Rey pushed passed Padmé. Padmé let out a groan and rolled her eyes and looked Rey.

Rey hit Luke with her staff and the man fell. Padmé ran off after them and grabbed Rey's waist trying to pull her off.

"Rey stop." Padmé whispered.

"Is it true? Did you create Kylo Ren?" Rey yelled at Luke.

Luke got up before Padmé could even blink Luke and Rey were fighting. Padmé glared the rain getting into her eyes. She couldn't do anything. What could she have done? Not nothing, that's for sure.

She used the forced to grab her father's blue lightsaber. She yielded it and yelled coming between Rey and her father.

They stopped both falling back and stared at her.

"Enough!" Padmé screamed.

Rey and Luke looked at her stunned.

"What is going on?" Padmé spoke softly but sternly.

"Tell her." Rey said to Luke. "Tell us."

"I saw darkness," Luke began. "I sensed it building in Ben." Padmé watched her father carefully.

"I'd see it at moments during his training. But then I looked inside... and it was beyond what I ever imagined." Padmé turned off the lightsaber. Luke was lost in thought.

"Snoke had already turned his heart. He would bring destruction, and pain,and death... and the end of everything I love because of what he will become." Luke looked at Padmé and she swallowed back tears.

"And for the briefest moment of pure instinct... I thought I could stop it. It passed like a fleeting shadow. And I was left with shame... and with consequence. And the last thing I saw... were the eyes of a frightened boy whose master had failed him." His voiced cracked.

Padmé covered her mouth and shut her eyes.

"That's... this wasn't your fault." Padmé whispered leaning down to hug her father. Luke was clearly surprised and didn't hug her back in confusion.

"It's not you fault." Padmé repeated.

Luke hugged her tightly. Rey stood silent.

"You failed him by thinking his choice was made." Rey said.

The rain seemed to be stronger. "It wasn't. There is still conflict in him. If he turned from the dark side, that could shift the tide."

"He wouldn't!" Padmé yelled looking at Rey. "Nothing will bring him back."

"This could be how we win." Rey stepped closer to Padmé touching her arm gently.

"No, this is how we lose." Padmé scoffed.

"This is not going to go the way you think." Luke sighed getting up slowly.

"It is. Just now, when we touched hands... I saw his future." Padmé didn't mean to roll her eyes.

"Rey-" Padmé cut her father off.

"You want to go to him? Fine. You're not taking  the Falcon." The sun-kissed girl stomped off.

"Padmé!" Rey called.

Padmé ignored her and continued forward.

She finally walked to the safety of the Millennium Falcon. She screamed in anger and frustration and threw her lightsaber against a wall. Luckily it didn't break. Han flew into her hands and blinked sadly at her.

"I'm not mad at you," Padmé smiled tenderly at her pet.

The door to the cockpit opened and Rey ran in. Padmé rolled her eyes and put Han back on her pillow.

"Padmé-"

"Don't talk. He's going to kill you! And if you die I... I will be so... you can't just do that!" Padmé paced her cheeks growing red.

Rey watched with puppy dog eyes.

"I care about you so much and I... if you get hurt or die I don't think I'll ever be okay again." Padmé stopped.

It was silent and Rey stepped forward. Padmé stood still. Rey put her hands on Padmés cheeks and stared at her softly. Rey was about to speak but they were interrupted by Chewbacca.

Padmé quickly pushed Rey away and cleared her throat. The Wookiee looked at them both he seemed to figure out what he had interrupted.

"Fine." Padmé whispered.

Rey looked at her confused.

"We'll go straight to the First Order but if things go south... I'm killing Kylo Ren." Padmé sat in the pilot seat and looked at Chewbacca.

Chewbacca sat next to her and she sighed.

"I need to do something really quick." Padmé ran out of the ship and ran over the island.

She needed to say goodbye to him. She couldn't just leave without saying goodbye.

She saw her father and she rushed to hug him from behind.

"I love you." Padmé cried. Luke was silent he then kissed her head.

"I love you too, and I will always love you. Till the day I die," Luke hugged her back.

Padmé pulled away and leaned up to kiss his cheek.

"Goodbye," Padmé sniffed.

"Goodbye," Luke smiled.