FIVE

Padmé was tired, she didn't think the morning would come so quickly

Padmé was tired, she didn't think the morning would come so quickly. She knocked on the door of Rey's hut. Her fathers lightsaber was hung by her belt.

She heard the sound of a blaster going off and jumped back. Rey rushed outside looking dazed.

"Rey are you-" Rey ignored her and ran off. She was staring at her hut. Not staring but she seemed to be staring through it. Her breathing became unsteady. Padmé said her name once more but Rey made no response.

"You're going to pay for what you did." Rey said staring hard.

Padmé blinked and smiled awkwardly.

Should she leave?

Padmé watched the nuns angrily fix Rey's hut. She heard the front door of her fathers hut open and she turned around.

"What's that about?" Luke asked pointing to the hut. Rey blinked rapidly.

The nuns yelled at Rey in a language Padmé could not understand.

"I was cleaning my blaster it went off," Rey said turning to both Skywalkers.

"Let's get started."

〰️

Rey and Padmé walked side by side. Padmé said nothing about Rey's outburst if you could call it that.

"Who were those things?" Rey asked Luke.

"Caretakers. Island natives they kept up the Jedi structures since they were built." Luke said continuing to walk.

"I don't think they like me," Rey whispered to Padmé.

"I don't think they like anyone," Padmé said back.

They continued up the mountain. Padmé was beginning to grow tired. They walked inside a cave, Padmé felt a shiver up her spine. The cave was dark and cold Padmé almost tripped on the steps.

She grabbed Rey's arm to keep steady.

"Sorry, I don't like the dark," Padmé said.

"It's fine," Rey said with a small smile.

They got to a place with light.

Padmé walked forward (letting go of Rey's arm in the process), to see a symbol in the ground. There was water dripping from up above. Rey looked to Luke and walked towards him. Padmé stayed looking at the symbol.

"What do you know about the force," the snapped Padmé out of her trance.

"It's a power that Jedi have that lets them control, people and... make things float..." Padmé snorted. Luke seemed to be annoyed by her answer. He looked at Padmé.

"It's an energy field created by all living things. It surrounds us and penetrates us; it binds the galaxy together." Padmé had a small smile on her face.