NINE

Padmé felt anxious when flying towards the planet

Padmé felt anxious when flying towards the planet. Padmé looked down to see ships from the Rebellion and The First Order.

"Rey begin firing!" Padmé spoke into the speaker.

"Yes, captain!" Rey laughed back.

"She's enjoying this too much." Padmé shook her head.

The Millennium Falcon shook as it shot down a First Order ship. Chewbacca let out a roar and Padmé smiled. Han let out a roar as well.

"Oh no don't-"

Suddenly all the Fighters were on them. Padmés eyes grew big and she cursed under her breath.

"Padmé, peel off from the battle. Draw them away from the speeders." Rey said threw her speaker.

"As you wish." Padmé flew the ship upwards.

The Millennium Falcon turned sideways to fit inside a canyon. Han flew up against Chewie's window and Padmé shook her head. The canyon was bright red, the inside looked like crystals.

"Padmé!" Rey yelled at her.

Chewbacca groaned at Padmé.

"Shut up, Chewie!" Padmé flew faster.

Chewbacca began to hit buttons but Padmé ignores his actions.

The canyon had a bigger interior then Padmé thought when she went through an opening. The Fighters were still chasing them. Padmé flew up, to try and lose them.

Han jumped up on the dashboard and began screaming again. Chewbacca seemed annoyed and pushed him out the way. Padmé stayed silent but remarked a; "rude."

Han then flew back onto her head.

The canyon was getting smaller and smaller until Padmé busted through the exit way. She flew upwards and laughed once she realized they lost the Fighters. She heard Han sigh and fall onto her lap. The little creature had passed out.

"Okay, what now?" Padmé asked.

Rey ran up behind her seat and leaned up against it.

"We need to get the rest of the Rebels out."

~

R2 began beeping.

"If the beacon's right beneath us, they've got to be somewhere." Rey cried.

"Keep scanning for light forms." Padmé bites her lip.

As Padmé continued to fly, Han flew towards a window. He let out a squeak and Rey slapped Padmés arm excited.

"There!" She smiled.

Chewbacca nodded and brought the Falcon down gently. Rey ran out but Padmé couldn't move. Chewbacca touched her arm.

Padmés heart was beating fast and her mind went to her father.

"What are you doing?" She asked him in her mind.

Chewbacca pointed out the window and Padmé shook her head to see Rey levitating the rocks. Padmé let out a small laugh.

R2 beeped next to her and she patted the droid.

Padmé opened the back and people began to walk into the Falcon. Padmé got up and began looking for Poe. She ran outside and looked around.

"Where is-" suddenly Padmé was being hugged

"You're back!" Poe spun her around and she laughed.

She embraced him back and laughed. Poe put her down and rubbed her head affectionately. BB-8 let out loud beeps and rolled through people to get to her. She leaned down and was almost run over.

"I know, I missed you too!" Padmé kissed he droid on its head and it beeped.

"Did you keep Poe out of trouble?" Padmé asked.

"No."

Padmé heard her aunts voice and let out a shaky breath. She got off the floor and ran into her arms. Her Aunt Leia laughed and held her as tight as she could manage.

Padmé suddenly felt a twinge in her heart. She looked at Leia, and a single tear rolled down her cheek. Rey looked back at both of the Skywalker women with a knowing look on her face.

Padmé took her aunt's hand and walked her into the Falcon.

"Come on, time to go." Leia rubbed her niece's hand.

As the ship flew away from the planet Padmé sighed. She looked to see Poe walking towards her. He leaned against the wall and looked at her.

"I met Rey..." Poe nodded.

"And?" Padmé asked raising a brow.

"She seems nice," Poe cleared his throat.

"Yeah... she is."

"Oh, I bet," Poe turned his head to the side.

Padmé punched him in the chest and he laughed.

"Oh and what is this I'm hearing about you starting a coup?" Padmé asked crossing her arms.

"That is a really funny story... one I think you'll enjoy one day." Poe laughed awkwardly.

Padmé flicked him on the nose and walked away. She sat next to Rey. The two stayed in silent. Rey leaned her head on Padmés shoulder.

"You know... I'm gonna need a new lightsaber." Padmé quipped.

"So am I." Rey looked at her with admiration.

"He's gone you know," Padmé held Rey's hand.

"I know." Rey cooed.

"I think he would be proud of me," Padmé beamed.

"He would be, you helped save the rebellion." Rey acknowledged.

Padmé touched her cheek. "We helped save the rebellion. And we're gonna make a new one."

THE END

A/N: IT IS FINISHED AHHH thanks to everyone who stuck with me and this book. I love y'all and I hope you continue to follow me and my other stuff!!! Okay so yeah see ya!