f i v e

this chapter goes from past to present couple times so i bolded and italicized the time changes. I hope it doesn't confuse you. Also, this is kind of a filler chapter, sort of.

seven years ago

"Would you like to meet our daughter?" León asked Violetta who was sitting on the hospital bed, resting after finally giving birth. Violetta was visibly tired, but she wouldn't say no to finally meeting their daughter. León had her in his arms, and with extreme caution moved her into Violetta's arms.

"Hi, baby girl," Violetta smiled looking at the baby. "León, she's perfect."

"She is your daughter," León replied.

"It's too early to deal with your cheesiness, mi amor," Violetta replied tiredly, not taking her eyes off their daughter. "León, I think I've decided on her name," Violetta said. For now, their daughter was known as Baby Girl Vargas. For the past few weeks they have been listing names, but now only one fit for the baby in her arms.

"It's a beautiful name," León told Violetta when she told him. Violetta smiled, before the door opened and her father and Angie walked in.

"Ay! Is that her?" Angie asked when she saw the baby in Violetta's arms. "She's so beautiful," Angie cooed. "Can I hold her?" Violetta nodded and Angie walked around the bed, and carefully grabbed the baby from her niece/stepdaughter.

"Do you guys have a name picked out?" Herman asked. He was standing behind his wife, looking at his granddaughter.

"We just decided," Violetta told them, and looked at León.

"Herman, Angie, her name is María," León told his parent-in-laws. Herman smiled, as did Angie, but Angie let her tears fall, Herman didn't.

present time

"Thanks for watching the girls," Violetta told Angie. The girls were sitting in Violetta's car with Diego waiting for their mother.

"It's no problem, Vilu. The house is very quiet without you, Ludmila and Fede," Angie said. "Is it true what María told me?"

"What did María tell you?" Violetta asked.

"Vilu, you know what I'm talking about," Angie replied. Violetta sighed.

"I wanted to tell you guys, but dad, he's still doesn't like the idea of me being engaged to Diego." Violetta paused. "You're not going to tell him, are you?"

"No," Angie answered. "But you and Diego are. Do it before you start showing more, because he knew when you were pregnant with Sofia before you did." Violetta sighed, agreeing with Angie. "Dinner, Friday night. Me, you, Diego and your dad. And the girls, if León isn't watching them."

five years ago

Violetta was laying on her old bed with María. She was watching her daughter sleep peacefully, without a care for the world. At two years old, she will always be going back and forth to mom and dad until she's eighteen.

"Vilu?" Herman knocked softly on the door, Violetta looked at the door until her dad walked in. "Are you okay?"

"I'm surviving," Violetta commented, running her hands through Maria's hair. Herman sat on Violetta's bed. "Do you think we made the right choice, dad? Me and León?"

"For Maria's sake, yes," Herman told his daughter. Violetta sighed. "You two don't want her growing up while both parents are constantly arguing."

"I understand, but it hurts," Violetta whispered, before getting up and running to the bathroom. Moments later, Violetta walked back into her room.