n i n e

"I kissed León," Violetta told her stepsister and best friend. They were sitting in Ludmila and Federico's apartment. Federico was out with León, and Diego was with Marco, and the girls were with Herman and Angie.

"What?" Ludmila and Francesca chorused.

"It wasn't an actual kiss—"

"Any kiss is an actual kiss, Vilu," Ludmila told Violetta and Francesca agreed. "Whether it was a full on snog, or a friendly kiss on the cheek. A kiss is a kiss. Especially with your ex husband."

"I didn't mean for it to happen. It just kind of happened."

"How does a kiss kind of happen?" Francesca asked. "Remember what you told me couple weeks ago? How you didn't know if you were still in love with—"

"What? Violetta, are you still in love with León?" Ludmila interrupted. "Ay, I don't know if I can deal with this stress."

"Fran!"

"I'm sorry, Vilu. At least now you can trust Ludmi not to tell anyone," Francesca shrugged, Violetta stared at her in disbelief.

"You still love León, that's inevitable. But you're engaged and having Diego's baby. So you need to make up your mind quick before you get another divorce to get back together with your ex husband," Ludmila said.

"I love Diego!" Violetta concluded. "León and I are over. We were over five years ago when he left."

"But he wanted you to go with him, did he not?" Francesca questioned.

"What?"

"Really, Fran? Got any more of my secrets to spill?" Violetta asked, annoyed.

"I'm offended, Vilu. I am your sister after all," Ludmila told Violetta. "You can tell me anything, you know?"

"I barely told Fran and Cami about it," Violetta sighed. "Before León left, and after I found out I was pregnant with Sofia, we tried to make it work out again. We fought less, and I really thought we could be together again. But he still was going to Mexico, and he asked if we could move there as a family. I said no, because of family, and I couldn't raise the girls without you guys to help me, but I guess I would've had León and his parents, but it wouldn't be the same without you guys and my dad and Angie."

"Wait," Ludmila stopped. "You chose us over the love of your life? That's so sweet."

"León isn't the love of my—"

"Keep telling yourself that. Because everyone knows that you and him belong together," Ludmila interrupted.

"Can you two stop! I'm with Diego. And Diego makes me very happy," Violetta yelled.

"If you really believed that, you wouldn't have kissed León," Ludmila pointed out. Violetta sighed. "Fran, tell her."

"Look, Vilu. We love you. But don't hate me after I say this. León is the love of your life. You two have been through so much together, that you two can never stop loving each other," Francesca paused, "It's like me and Marco. He was my first love, and I still love him after all these years. And you and León have children together, and you told us that the only reason you and León divorced was all the fighting you had, and you guys didn't want María to grow up to her parents constantly fighting, not because you two fell out of love, because you never did. If you did you wouldn't have tried to make it work with your pregnancy with Sofia," Francesca concluded.

"That was four years ago. I'm not in love with León anymore, I. . . I— he's the father of my two daughters, that's it. He is my ex husband, and it'll stay that way," Violetta told Ludmila and Francesca. "Now can we talk about something else? Like Francesca's wedding?"

"I can't believe you and Marco got married in Mexico. That's so unlike you, Fran," Ludmila commented. "Can you wait to have your wedding until I don't look like a whale?"

"What about me?" Violetta asked. "Once you have the twins, I'll be as big as you are!"

"Not true, I'm having two babies, and you're only having one," Ludmila replied. "You could have a double wedding with Vilu! You and Marco, and Violetta and Diego! Best friends getting married together!"

"Yeah, no offense, but I don't want to share my big day with anyone," Francesca said. "Plus, I'm waiting for you two to give birth because I don't want my day to be overthrown by the birth of children, no offense."

"When are you and Marco going to have kids?" Ludmila asked. Francesca froze. "Did I say something wrong?"

"I— no?" Francesca answered. "We haven't talked about kids yet," Francesca lied. "Plus, Marco and I still have our careers, and having kids aren't in our near future."

"Do you think there's still something there?" León asked Federico. Federico was the one who knew Violetta the best out of the guys, and he was León's best friend.

"León, there can't be anything there. She's engaged and pregnant," Federico responded. He didn't want to tell León the truth, because it'll give him hope that he can get Violetta back, but he also knew Violetta loves Diego.

"But if she wasn't. If I had came back before she got pregnant or engaged, would there still be something there?" León asked, again.

Federico sighed. "Yes, if that's what you want to hear. If you came back before she and Diego got engaged or before she got pregnant, she would be with you right now. You could've been with Violetta right now raising Maria and Sofia together in the same house, and she probably would be pregnant with your child. But you left to Mexico. You and Violetta probably would be married again, but you really chose your career over her."

"She kissed me," León blurted. "I felt something there. Even if it was a kiss on the cheek."

"Dude, León. I'm telling you this as your best friend. It probably was nothing. You need to move on—"

"Fede, what if you and Ludmila were divorced and you left back to Italy and came back and she was pregnant and engaged to another man. But it was a man who broke her heart years ago," León gave Federico his current scenario.

"I'd be doing the same thing you are, but me and Ludmi are different than you and Violetta. You either have to move on, or just tell Violetta how you feel, and whatever she tells you will give you the answer whether something is there or not. Because I'm completely biased saying it, because you two are my best friends, and I want you two to be happy whether if it's together, or apart," Federico replied.

"Is she happy with Diego?" León finally asked.

"Yes," Federico paused. "I don't want Violetta to be confused while she's pregnant. She doesn't need to be stressed about choosing between you and Diego. And you know why."

Woah, another chapter in two days?? I got happy when I wrote the last chapter that I wanted to update as soon as possible. I updated like 12 hours ago, and here's a new update.

Also, love that Ludmila/Violetta/Francesca friendship.

And Federico/León friendship. Federico spitting out truth, and he's a leonetta shipper, but also supports dieletta. But really he wants Violetta to be happy, because she's like his sister. Step-sister-in-law? Is that a thing?

And no one knows about Francesca not being able to have children yet.