e l e v e n

"I was going to ask Ludmila to be my maid of honor, and now I'm not sure anymore," Violetta explained to Federico when he asked what she was doing at their house.

"What do you mean you're not sure anymore?" Violetta heard Ludmila yell from the living room. Violetta wondered how Ludmila could hear her, but she spotted a baby monitor in Federico's hand.

"We've been setting up the twins' rooms, and slowly baby-proofing the house," Federico explained. "Now what do you mean you're not sure anymore?" Violetta sighed, and stepped inside.

"Please tell me to go back to my fiancée and the father of my child—"

"You have two fathers of your children!" Ludmila shouted. Both Violetta and Federico walked towards the living room where Ludmila sat on the couch. Her pregnant belly bigger as she was nearing her due date. Violetta sat beside her sister and leaned her head on Ludmila's shoulder.

"I love Diego, I really really do," Violetta whispered. "But there's so much history between León and I, and I know there is still something between the two of us. But—"

"If there is anyone that belongs together, it's you and León," Ludmila responded. Violetta sighed. "I know you don't want to hear the truth, and you want me to tell you go to Diego, go to your fiancée, go to the father of your unborn child. That's what you want to hear, but Vilu, listen to your heart, not your head."

"I love Diego, but—"

"You're in love with Leon," Federico interrupted. Violetta lifted her head, and stared at Federico. "If you were single right now, you would already be back with León."

"If you love Diego as much as you say you do, you wouldn't have these thoughts," Ludmila added to her husband's statement.

"León is María and Sofia's dad, and Diego is his dad, and I can't choose between them. I already chose between the two of them years ago. And now I just want to be home laying in bed with my fiancée without thinking of my ex husband, but it's impossible," Violetta responded.

"Kiss León." Ludmila told Violetta. "On the lips this time. If there is still something, you'll know. Or just sit down with him and talk about your feelings."

"That's not a bad idea," Federico added. "Not the kiss, the talking. Ludmi and I can watch the girls so you two can talk adult to adult."

"Do you think it'll—"

"You'll know the answer after you two talk."

After Violetta left, Ludmila turned to Federico. "She will always be in love with León."

"I know. I just hope she realizes it before she gets married to Diego and breaks his heart," Federico replied. Ludmila nodded in response.

Violetta sat across from León. They were sitting in the dining room of the house they once lived in together. When Violetta walked in, it brought back memories.

"This is the same table cloth," Violetta commented. She gave a little smile. "You haven't changed much here since you came back."

"I'm surprised you didn't take the stuff that was yours when you moved in with Diego," León told Violetta.

Violetta shook her head, "This is my first time coming here since you left to Mexico."