chapter 24

(A/N: The fact that nobody was angry at me in the comments for making granny sick confuses me)

"Maybe you could come with me? As emotional support? I don't know if I can do all of this alone and also I don't know how long I will be there and... I don't think I can be alone", he nearly whispered, his red and swollen eyes meeting mine now.

It broke my heart to see him like that, a situation which I could've never imagined.

"I am going with you", I nodded determinedly.

On the same day already we packed some things together after sitting like before for about an hour, Jungkook telling me everything about his grams.

"She never treated me like I got older, she always treated me like I was her little son, cooking for me every day and not being bothered by it. I could sleep at her house whenever I wanted to, she would welcome me happily, make my bed for me and cook my favourite meal, even though she was tired. Since my mother travelled far away and my father was busy with working I spent my years with my grandma so that she kind of replaced my parents, which doesn't sound nice but to be honest I am happy about it. I practically lived with her in her house, she walked me to school every morning, first elementry school, then middle school. Until I was about 12 years old she used to sit next to my bed on a chair, waiting for me to fall asleep, so that I wasn't afraid. Yeah, I was afraid of the dark so she waited with me in my darkened room until I fell asleep and left only then. Earlier it was just a normal thing for me but now I am just so thankful and so touched by this because she never hesitated to protect me", Jungkook got quieter, trailing off, tears welling up in the corners of his eyes.

"You know once our teacher in first grade told us to draw our mother...
and I drew my granny", now Jungkook let out his tears again, sniffing.

"This is not even comparable to when my mother left", Jungkook told me, no emotions showing at that moment.

After continuing to talk a little longer we started packing some things to stay at his grandma's house.

The other members in the apartment must've already come in earlier since I saw Jimin and Hoseok in the living room.

As I brought my bagpack into the hallway I earned confused looks, especially after Jungkook followed with an even bigger bag.

"I forgot something, wait", Jungkook put his bag onto the floor, speeding to his room.

I made eye contact with a confused- and innocent-looking Jimin who walked up to me.

"Where are the two of you going?", Jimin asked.

Hoseok whispered something in Yoongi's ear, making him grin.

"We are going to have to stay at his granny's house for some time, I don't know how long, I think if he can and if he wants to he will tell you everything in detail, okay?", I quietly spoke.

"Is everything okay?", Hoseok gasped, a little too loud.

I shook my head hesitantly, looking to the ground and I realized that it hit me harder than I thought.

"They found out his grandma has cancer...", I explained, being sure that they were allowed to know that since all of us were close friends.

Jungkook hurried to the hallway, charger and headphones in his hand.

"Hey Jungkook", Yoongi spoke up calmly.

"Take my car", he threw his keys to Jungkook who caught them with one hand.

"We can t-take buses, it's okay", Jungkook murmured.

"Please. Take it", Yoongi insisted sternly.

"Thank you", Jungkook nodded, letting me lead the way.

"Can we go now?", he asked me, eyes looking determined and also still a little exhausted.

"Yes. Bye guys", I said, leaving the apartment.

I didn't know what would happen in the next few days, weeks... I didn't even know how long we would stay but I decided to support and comfort Jungkook, because everyone needs someone in a situation like that.