chapter 32

I'm sorry..
•••••

...Till the phone rang loudly in the middle of the night.

Jungkook picked up and listened.

"Hello?", he groaned.

After a few moments of silence I just heard a weak 'no way' coming from his direction.

I tried to open my eyes properly, sitting up in my bed, feeling a bit dizzy.

//Jungkook's pov//

In my dreams I heard an annoying noise. I woke up to the realization that it was the phone ringing loudly in my ears.

It is what? 3am?, I thought, checking the time.

God damn it who calls at this time?

I got up blindly, stumbling into the direction of the telephone.

"Hello?", I picked up being annoyed because of that call in the middle of the night.

"Hello, I apologize if I woke you up. This is Dognae Bongsaeng hospital. I am sorry to tell you, but your grandmother passed away", the voice of a woman told me over the phone.

Silence...

"No way...", my voice was shaking in disbelief.

I heard (Y/N) sitting up in her bed and slowly walking over to me.

It felt like my heart was beating outside of my chest as I just heard the surpressed silence.

"You can come and visit now or-", the woman calmly spoke but I cut her off.

"We'll come now", my voice cracked a little at the end before I hung up.

I stood there. I just stood there, telephone in my hand, eyes on the floor as my breathing stopped for a moment.

"(Y/N) my grandma died", I whispered in disbelief and it came out rather as a question than an actual sentence.

Suddenly I felt two arms wrap around my waist from behind, pulling me closer.

But I didn't feel anything anymore. There was just emptiness, confusion and disbelief.

And without any more words we quickly changed our clothes and got into the car at 3.20 am.

The whole ride was silent. Neither one of us spoke a word, (Y/N) only held my hand throughout the whole way as I was driving with one hand.

On our way inside of the hospital I tried to call my dad but it didn't go through so we just went to the information desk.

I had a huge lump in my throat as I walked towards the information desk, pulling (Y/N) right behind me.

"Hello, we are here to visit Jeon Violet. You called to tell us that she passed away", my voice faded at the end of my sentence.

"Room 429", the receptionist told us and we rushed to the room.

I hesitated before opening the door to the room. (Y/N) noticed that immediately and squeezed my hand encouragingly.

After I didn't react, she stepped in front of me, slowly opening the door.

It was a horrible thought, I imagined my grams lying there... like she was sleeping but in fact... there was no blood running through her veins anymore, there was no air in her lungs anymore, there was no heartbeat anymore.

(Y/N) carefully pulled me after her into the room, letting go of my hand to pull two chairs next to the bed.

At first I didn't realize it but there was in fact my grandma. She was just lying on the bed, arms straight next to her. (Y/N) sat down, motioning for me to also do that.

I didn't dare to look at the bed as I sat down. But as I saw (Y/N), the only person that was left in my life now, looking at me with a sad and worried expression, something weird happened.

Do you know that overwhelming feeling, where you just have no choice? Whether you want to break down or not, at that moment it doesn't matter at all. It smashes down on you live a big, heavy wave in the ocean, drowning you.

I started crying, and I've never cried so hard before.

All the time I was trying to do that without anyone noticing it but then the time came where I couldn't hold it back anymore and the realization hit me.

This person does not live anymore. This person won't ever hug or kiss me again. This person won't ever call me her little Jungie again...

And I cried so long and so hard, kneeling in front of my grams' bed, I was shaking, my face was soaking wet and so were my sleeves which I used to try to dry my tears every second.

(Y/N) was holding me from behind, caressing my back as I was sobbing and shaking uncontrollably.

It all became unbearable, my head hurt, my cheeks burned from my salty tears, my nose was running till (Y/N) got me some tissues.

We sat there like that for I don't know how long. The next thing I noticed was the sun rising, so we decided to go.

"I love you grams", I whispered, still sobbing and now also having hiccups.

I took her hand in mine one last time, it was already cold, kissed it and carefully brushed her silvery hair out of her face, before leaving the room.

I now saw that (Y/N) also looked very down, eyes, nose and cheeks reddened. She linked her arm with mine, leaning her head against my shoulder while we left the hospital.

We went to bed, sleeping a few more hours before I called my dad and actually reached him that time.

He told me that he knew what happened, the hospital had also called him but he wanted to visit later.

My dad should also organize everything regarding the funeral and the house of my grams.

•••••
This was so hard to write... I hope I could bring over the emotions and feelings as I wanted to...

This actually made me so sad idk

Have a good night/day everyone♡

Byeeee :))