6

Happy Birthday Dr. King

I pay tribute to one of the most courageous men in history of the negro.

I went to the parade we held today in town and I seen so many floats with your name written across them to only see successful and determined African Americans standing right behind it.

We are still living out your dream and we are still continuing to fight for that dream until all men are seen in the eyes of the president and his supporters that equalness will never amount to having equity.

We can be equal all day but equity plays a part in being treated as we should be versus our neighbor.

I stand with my people and behind my people but it's not only because of our past, but because of our future. We have beaten odds since then but we have never completely overcome what they still see us as.

A minority.

Brothers and sisters together we come.
No weapons - No hate against our own.

Thank you for everything Dr. King

I woke up to him snoring

I woke up to him snoring. Mouth all open and a little drool running down his mouth. I chuckled and turned over picking up my phone to check the time.

8:46 a.m

"Damn.." I'm usually never up this early on a weekend. I sleep all day and I never leave my house unless I have too. I decided to lay back down and watch A Different World. It was my favorite Tv show.

"Front door open..." I sat up quick muting my tv and listening for any sounds, movements, or small talk. "Dasia?" My mother called walking up the stairs.

"Shit..." I whispered. I looked over at Tyree and shook him awake.

"Baby let me sleep.." He rolled over yawning.

"Tyree get up.. now! My mom is home!" I whisper yelled. He opened his eyes slowly knitting his eyebrows. A soft knock sounded from my door and my mom shaking the door knob. I panicked.

"Honey why is door locked?...." I silently pushed him off the bed and he fell hitting the floor. "Ouch!" He whispered loudly.

"Dasia? You okay?" She asked again. I squirmed our of the bed pulling him up and throwing his clothes at him.

"The hell ! How Imma get out!" He three his hands up trying to throw his hands up.

"Maybe I should come in.." My mom said.

I pulled my hair and paved back and forth. "The window!" I whispered.

"Hell no, were two stories up!" He said putting on his pants.

"So nigga! You scared to jump from a second story window?!" I questioned with a 'nigga' type look on my face.

"I'm not jumping out the window.."

"I'm coming in.." My mom said as she starting jiggling the door knob again.

I opened my closet door and pushed him in there. "Don't say shit!" I whispered yelled and closed the door as soon as she opened my room door. I pretended to look muggy as if I just woke up.

"What took you so long to get up?" My mother questioned with a slight attitude.

"Look ma, don't come in here with an attitude and it's almost 9 am. I was sleep. You know I'm never up this time of morning. I said moving away from my closet.

"Well I don't appreciate your tone with me Dasia.."

"Oh mom please.." I said getting back in my bed.

"Please what?" She folded her arms together. "You know I'm tired of you treating me with no respect."

I rolled my eyes sighing. I really don't want to have to deal with this. "Mom.. You are literally never here. I practically take care of myself. What respect do you want besides giving me a little bit of money here and there and giving birth to me? Do you want to know the last Christmas I spent without you or dad? It's been 11 years. Every New year, every birthday, every special moment that ever took place and you guys are never here. Is work more important than me?" I asked. Tears began to brim my eyes.

"Dasia... Baby I'm sorry. I don't know what else you want me to do hunny work is work and to keep what we have I have to keep a steady income. Soon enough me and your father will be head of our company's and can be home having anything we want."

"I don't care about that! That's materialistic! I want to have my family to spend my life with. Yes, I'm thankful that I have you both in my life but the value of money will never amount to the value of love and happiness momma. Y'all have missed so much in my life all because of business trips and stuff. I wonder if your coworkers know you'd rather spend time at your job than at home with your daughter. I wonder if you or dad have a good family photo of us all on your desk or your office that tells you have a wonderful loving and happy family." I wiped my face as a tear fell.

Looking into her eyes I know I hit the nail right on the head. She started to cry. "I'm sorry.." she said as she wiped her face. She fixed her clothes and walked out of my room. I shook my head and completely forgot Tyree was in my closet. I heard my mom close her door and I got up quickly opening the door to him starring directly into my eyes.

He sighed and pulled me in for a hug. I still didn't like what was going on but at this point but I felt so much better with his arms around me. "It'll be okay babygirl.." He kissed my forehead.

I smiled and pulled away slowly. He put on his shoes and I snuck him back downstairs. I let him out and unexpectedly he pecked my lips. "You can't be doing that when you want to now.." I laughed. He smiled, "don't forget about tonight.." and started to walk off. Luckily he parked over across the street so my mother wouldn't suspect his car being in our driveway.

I closed the door and went back up to my room. I was off of work today and decided to sleep in until I had to get up for our little "outing" tonight.

I laid in my room and stared at my ceiling until I fell asleep.
________________________________

Updated a little late. Just a little something. More coming soon so stay on the lookout!