‹ F I V E ›

‹ K O L B E

I sat there frozen for a little while. My heart was still thumping erratically. My loneliness was... over? The idea of it all was almost overwhelming. My mate was concerned about me. The feeling of someone worrying about my well-being was foreign to me. It was something I hadn't experienced since before my mother passed away. It felt amazing.

It just made me fall for him even more. Maybe, in time, he would fall for me too. I didn't want to rush it and ruin things with him, though. Human relationships weren't as fast-paced as those with werewolves. Besides, Beau probably didn't even see me that way.
At the same time, I don't know how long I can keep it to myself.

Beau quickly cleaned up the little mishap and finished cooking. He fixed our plates, piling three pancakes, three pieces of bacon and a scoop of eggs on both.

"You like orange juice?" He asked placing a plate in front of me.

"I honestly don't remember what it tastes like," I replied sheepishly. A smile quirked at the edge of his full lips as he placed his plate across from mine before walking to his fridge. He fixed our drinks, giving me mine before sitting down.

"It's a Saturday so the clinic doesn't open until 12:00. We'll go before opening-" He said just as I shoved a forkful of pancakes into my mouth. I probably looked like a chipmunk with how full my cheeks were. Beau outright guffawed, his eyes twinkling with amusement. "Don't stuff your mouth, you'll choke," he cautioned as he cut into his own pancake. I blushed and swallowed.

"These are really good," I complimented. He looked up from his plate to nod his head in thanks. Smiling I returned my attention to my own food, careful to not overstuff my face again. I looked at the glass full of orange liquid curiously. When was the last time I had this? I picked up the glass bringing it to my lips and taking a sip.

"Mmm," I moaned before drinking a little more urgently. This is really good. I didn't notice Beau's eyes watching me intently as I drained the glass before setting it down. Beau's lips quirked in an amused smile. I licked the rest from my mouth. "Can I have some more?" I asked. Beau laughed softly, his wide shoulders shaking.

I tilted my head confused. What had I done that was so funny? When I asked, Beau just shook his head, mumbling 'adorable' under his breath.

After pouring me another glass Beau sat back down and resumed eating. I couldn't help peeking at him throughout the rest of the meal. I wondered if he was interested in me romantically at all. Was it too soon to be considering such things? Beau caught my subtle gaze for a moment, his chocolate eyes flashing with an emotion I couldn't decipher. When he looked away again my cheeks had heated, probably appearing a startling red color. I gave myself a mental shake before returning my attention to my food.

When we were done eating he placed the plates and cups in a thing he called a dishwasher.
He turned back around and walked towards me.

"Think you'll be alright waiting down here for a bit while I get ready?" He asked, gently helping me up and leading me to the couch in the living room. I refrained from posting at the thought of being away from him for any period of time. Instead, I gave him a smile as I nodded.

"I'll be fine, I'm not as fragile as I look." The edge of his mouth pulled up in amusement. His brown eyes filling with mirth.

"Okay, Mr. Indestructable-werewolf-whose-ankle-is-broken, if you say so." He joked teasingly letting out a soft snort as he helped me settle onto the soft cushion of the couch. My cheeks, traitors that they were, heated till they were a dusty rose in color. I admit I pouted a little which in turn caused Beau's smile to grow.