‹ E P I L O G U E ›

‹ K O L B E

I submitted my last assignment for my online class before logging off happily. No more homework meant I got to whatever I want for the rest of the day. Right now that means playing with Kaycee until we both pass out. She's gotten so big! At almost a year old her shoulder meets my waist. She's grown into such a beautiful girl.

"Kaycee," I called, scampering into the living room. My baby girl immediately got up from her bed and pranced over, the stub where her tail was supposed to be twitching wildly in excitement. "Wanna go outside babycakes?" I asked as she pushed her huge head into my stomach. She followed me out the back door and into the yard and waited patiently for me to shift before jumping on me. I was only a little bigger than her in this form but that didn't matter to either of us. We took turns chasing each other around in circles and played tug of war with her favorite rope. 

Between Kaycee and Beau, the past ten months of my life have been filled with nothing but love and happiness. While Beau goes to work, I go to school online and get to play with Kaycee all day during the week. On the weekends sometimes we go see Mama, or Rowan and Maria come for a visit with Ellery. There are some times though, where we just enjoy the company of our little family of three. But it's not going to be just the three of us for long. My little bump is beginning to show and I can't wait to tell Beau.

Kaycee can sense that I'm a little different and is much more gentle when we play. I have a feeling she lets me win the tug of war matches on purpose. I've been pregnant for about a week now. I didn't really notice at first until I started throwing up randomly. I had to think about it for a second before I remembered Beau didn't use a condom thingy during my recent heat. I asked Ma about it and she said that if I could get pregnant, that's the only window where it Beau would be able to impregnate me. I didn't tell her for sure that I was, but I wouldn't be surprised if she knew.

I planned on telling Beau and everyone during tomorrow's dinner. Well, I was going to be telling Maria and Rowan a lot more than just that. I think that revealing that I'm a wolf would help explain how I'm able to get pregnant while being a male. I'll cross that bridge when I get there though. 

After about an hour, Kaycee has tired herself out enough for us to go back inside. Just in time to catch Beau walking in the front door. Kaycee immediately took off in his direction as I shifted back and quickly put my clothes back on. Beau came into the living room just as I pulled up the turquoise stocking- socks-things Rowan had given me. Beau loved seeing me in them just as much as I loved wearing them.

He smiled in greeted as his warm brown orbs heated when he saw my legs. An appreciatory growl rumbling up his throat. My mate crossed the room in large strides closing the distance between us quickly. Kaycee followed behind him, wanting more pets.

"Hey, baby," Beau said before leaning down to press a kiss to my mouth. He pulled me against his body as his arms encircled me possessively. He pecked my mark but lingered against my neck. "Your scent is differ-." The Alpha in him pointed out slowly. I blushed, pulling myself out of his grip. I put my hands over his mouth so he couldn't finish.

"I promise to explain tomorrow," I smiled, looking at him pleadingly. Beau just raised an eyebrow at me as he straightened up.

"Fine, little mate." I am glad he let it go so easily. Usually, when anything is even slightly wrong with me Beau will try his hardest to find the cause and make me better. I love how caring he is. Not just towards me. Beau has the biggest heart and I love him for it. 

We followed our normal routine of feeding Kaycee before we ate dinner and then cuddling up on the couch and watching a movie after. I couldn't keep my eyes open for the last half of it though. I think I've been sleeping a lot more lately but Beau hasn't noticed yet. We took a bath after Beau saw that I was just about sleep before taking us both to bed. I snuggled under the covers as he pulled me into his broad chest and fell asleep.