‹ S I X T E E N | 18+ ›

‹ B E A U

What had I done to Kolbe? There were so many bruises. You could see my handprints where I'd gripped him. A part of me deep down felt this primal satisfaction at seeing all the marks decorating his skin. My marks. I couldn't help the rush of possessiveness I felt or the arousal. 

Mine. Growled a guttural voice. It was so distant that I thought I'd imagined it. Brushing it off I readjusted the covers around Kolbe for the umpteenth time. I don't remember anything. The only thing I can recall is having possibly the best orgasm of my life before blacking out completely. Everything after that was blank and intangible. Then, I wake up, or come out of some weird-ass version of sleepwalking, sleep-fucking? And I'm balls deep in a pleasure drunk Kolbe who's covered in bruises. His face was red and wet from tears, his hair a sexy mess and his tiny body trembling. He was still moaning when I pulled myself out of him. He was full of so much cum it leaked from his abused hole. Kolbe's thighs were a mess of slick and my seed, his small chest covered with his own release. He looked like I'd fucked him within an inch of his life.

He looked delicious. I probably would have gotten hard if it weren't for the prevailing feeling of confusion. I 'bout had a panic attack, thinking I must have forced myself on him in order him to be in such a state. It didn't help that he passed out on me. What the hell happened? What the fuck had I done? Then I had scooped Kolbe out of our bed, and noticing that he weighed absolutely nothing. Like I'd picked up a sheet of paper instead of a whole human being. Even now I felt as though I could break him with the smallest touch.  I had cleaned up the both of us and carried Kolbe to the guest room since the sheets on our bed were a mess. On the way into the guest room, I'd somehow ripped the door off its hinges. All in all, life is one big mind fuck right now.

I looked for Kaycee, our puppy but she was nowhere to be found. Eventually, I saw the note my mom had left saying that she took Kaycee with her since Kolbe had enough his plate to deal with. It was addressed to my mate and it was clear that he hadn't read it since it was still on the counter folded.

I could hear Kolbe's soft breathing all the way in the kitchen and rather than unnerve me, the sound kept me calm. Just knowing that he was there was keeping me sane when it felt like my sanity was slowly chipping away. 

Return to our mate.

I dropped the note in my hands, whirling around only to see that there was no one behind me. My heart thumped erratically in my chest. What the fuck is going on? Like they were being controlled by someone else my legs moved in the direction of the room Kolbe was in. I grabbed the handle of the hallway bathroom, careful not to destroy it, forcing myself inside.

I splashed my face with water before looking up. I almost had a heart attack. Coal-black eyes stared back at me inquisitively, like I was seeing my own face for the first time. Right in the middle of my mental breakdown, the voice spoke again. 

He is awake. Go to him now. Again the entity in my body took over marching us into the guest room. Kolbe was sitting up, his brown hair in disarray with the collar of my shirt hanging off one of his shoulders. The thing within me went crazy at the sight of his disheveled state. Memories that weren't mine flooded my brain until all I could see was myself pounding into Kolbe from behind, the sounds of his cries ringing in my ears. I growled as I felt my dick harden.

"Beau," Kolbe beamed, like the little ray of sunshine that he is. The entity wanted to move closer but I refused to move. I wasn't going to allow it to hurt Kolbe again. The fact that I didn't know what it was and that it could control my body-

Our body. Corrected the deep rumbling voice. At that moment I wished I had a bible and some holy water. 

"I don't want to hurt you again, baby, I can't control-" I started to reason just as the other being began clawing at my resolve again. It wanted to be near Kolbe and the only way that was going to happen was over my dead body.