‹ E I G H T ›

K O L B E

When I woke up the next day, Beau had me plastered against his chest. His two arms were like boa constrictors, firmly holding my small form against his large, well-muscled body. I could hazily remember the events of the night but I did not recall getting into bed with Beau. Not that I was complaining. His warmth was more than welcome and I always felt at ease in his embrace. I could get used to waking up in his arms every day.

"You're awake," The large man said, causing me to jump out of my skin. His deep laugh reverberated through me as he found amusement in my startled expression. I blushed and hid my face in his toned chest "Good morning, Kolbe," my mate chuckled after he had calmed down a bit. Beau attempted to coax me into to looking at him, but I stubbornly refused. My face was redder than a tomato and I didn't want him to laugh at me any more than he already had. "Come on, Kolbe, I didn't mean to startle you, I'm sorry." He apologized softly, amusement still evident in his voice.

I looked up with a pout, avoiding his playful gaze. He poked my protruding lip with a smirk that looked way too attractive to be legal. 

"Are you mad at me?" he asked, pulling my hand that was on his chest to his lips and placing a kiss on my wrist. My blush grew as a tremor went through me. That was the first time his lips touched my skin and goosebumps rose as a response.

"You laughed at me," I murmured, my lips pursing. I didn't want to admit how much that embarrassed me. I wanted Beau to find me desirable not keep me around just for laughs.

"I'm sorry, baby, but you should have seen your face," Beau said apologetically. I pouted, looking at him from the corner of my eye. He brushed some of my shoulder length hair from my eyes, a soft smile on his face. "You're adorable, did you know that?" the chocolate male asked, rolling over onto his back with me still in his arms. I blushed for the umpteenth time, my hands curling shyly against his broad chest.

The too big shirt I was wearing had ridden up during the transition causing our skin to come into contact. He played with the waistband of the boxer's I was wearing absentmindedly as our gazes locked in a staring match.

"Beau, am I on your arm?" I asked in concern. I could feel something long and hard pressing against me and I was worried that I was making him uncomfortable

My mate looked up at me with a heavy-lidded gaze, the right side of his lips curving up slightly.

"That's not my arm." I blinked owlishly, tilting my head to the side. Well if it wasn't his arm then... My whole face flushed scarlet as I sat up quickly almost giving myself whiplash. Beau laughed lightly, rubbing my thigh comfortingly.

"I-I'm sorry, B-Beau," I stuttered out nervously, "I-I'm hurting you aren't I?" Oh, goddess, he's probably in pain. I attempted to move off of him, but Beau grabbed my hips firmly and sat up so our chests rubbed against each other yet again.

"Not at all, baby, " he whispered, gripping my chin when he realized I was avoiding his gaze again. He gently turned my face to his, causing our eyes to meet. I shifted nervously in his lap after a few moments of simply staring at each other. He groaned, both hands landing on my waist to stop my movements yet again.

"I'm so sorry, Beau!" I bit my lip. This morning was so embarrassing. My hips moved again, despite me trying to keep perfectly still. 

"Fuck," he growled under his breath, closing his eyes and taking a deep breath before opening them. A fire seemed to have ignited in Beau's eyes. "You're hell bent on testing my control, aren't you?" He muttered as his face drew closer to mine. I gulped, his proximity was making my blood heat up. 

"I-I don't know what you mean," I responded shakily as my cheeks turned a cherry color.

Beau groaned low in his throat and a shiver raced down my spine. I gasped at the unfamiliar sensation. The big man shook his head as if to clear it and pulled away, increasing the space between us. He heaved a sigh before meeting my eyes with his once again.