‹ N I N E ›

‹ K O L B E

Beau drove us to the mall, during the ride there, my mind couldn't stop replaying the events of the morning. Despite my one track thoughts, I was excited to see Rowan again. I found her funny and it was fun being around her. Maria was more subdued in nature but I liked her company as well. Where she was sweet and a little soft-spoken, Rowan was confident and outgoing. I liked them both a lot.

Beau finally parked after circling around a lot of cars a few times once he had found a spot close to the entrance. I couldn't hide my curiosity. My eyes danced from vehicle to vehicle in wonder at the different variety of sizes and color. They were all so cool and shiny. Beau smiled indulgently at my antics as he took my small hand in his larger one. I was a little overwhelmed by the number of people in the mall, there were so many faces and even more scents. I clung to Beau's arm a little unsurely. My mate said nothing, he simply wrapped his arms around my shoulders and pulled me close into his side causing my unease to dissipate considerably.

"Kolbe!" was all I heard before I was pulled out of Beau's embrace and into the arms of Rowan. I hugged her back timidly, unable to see anything because my face was swallowed by her bosom. 

"You're suffocating him!" Beau huffed, snatching me away. My back hit his chest and I tilted my head to see the annoyed expression he was giving his sister. 

"No I wasn't," Rowan whined frowning at her brother with the same level of annoyance. "Give him back!" She held out her arms making grabby hands. Maria stood behind her girlfriend looking amused.

"No," Beau growled, pulling me into his side and twisting his body so that I was further away from Rowan. I noticed some people glancing towards us and I couldn't help but hide my red face in Beau's shirt. "He's mi-"

"He's not a toy, guys," Maria giggled. Rowan turned from glaring at her older brother before walking over to Maria. 

"I know, I just like messing with Beau. Did you see his face?" Rowan snickered, kissing Maria on the cheek. Maria blushed, shaking her head at Rowan's antics.

It was hard not to get distracted by all the cool things in the mall. It took everything in me not to press my face against the glass of every store. And there were so many stores! Although I was curious and wanted to explore a little, I refrained from straying out of arms reach of Beau. As exciting as everything was, it was also a lot to take in at once. I was glad that Beau didn't mind me holding his hand or sometimes hugging myself to his side. 

"Is there any store you want to go in, Kolbe?" Maria asked with a gentle smile. Rowan glanced at me curiously, to see what my answer would be. I blushed. I didn't know the name of any store in this place. I shook my head shyly.

"I know the perfect place," Rowan spoke up with a Cheshire grin. Beau groaned lowly as if he was dreading following his sister into whatever store she had in mind. We walked for a few more minutes before stopping in front of a shop named Spencer's.

"Really, Rowan?" Beau growled.

"Yes! He'll love it!" The bubbly woman smiled, or should I say smirking. "I'm sure he'll find something that you'll both like." Rowan wiggled her eyebrows suggestively.

"No, " Beau said flatly before placing his large hands on my shoulders and leading me away from Rowan and her antics.

"Prude!" She called after us.

"Ignore her, she's crazy, " Beau said, pulling me against his side.

"I like her crazy." I smiled, looking up at his face.

"I bet you do, " he muttered, not looking at me. A while later we entered another store. There were clothes everywhere. "Pick whatever you like," Beau instructed encouragingly. I nibbled my lip as I began looking around. My fingers trailed over all the different fabrics as I examined them thoughtfully. I wasn't quite sure what to look for. It's been years since I had worn any clothes.