‹ F O U R T E E N | 18+ ›

K O L B E

I was restless. I tossed and I turned unable to get comfortable. At some point during the night I had disentangled myself from Beau's body and put as much distance between us as I could. Which was strange because there is nothing I love more than cuddling with Beau. Cuddling with Kaycee came in at a close second. It was just that everything I loved about being practically glued together had been increased to an almost suffocating degree. His scent, his touch, everything was just too much. It clouded my senses and for some reason being so close to him made me unbelievably warm.

Too warm. Hot.

Throughout all of this Beau slept like a rock. I wish I could just sleep this weird feeling off but every time I closed my eyes they popped right back open. I kicked off the covers, curling into a fetal position. Maybe I'm getting a fever.

It's not a fever. My wolf spoke calmly. It's our first heat. Just breathe. He coached softly. I followed his instructions without hesitation. I inhaled slowly, trying to calm down a little. Wake our mate. Was the last thing he said before going quiet again. My whole face flushed. Did I really have to? It was going to be so awkward having to wake him up and- and what? Tell him that I needed him to- to... I clenched my eyes closed. I couldn't even think about it how was I supposed to do it.

I wasn't left with a choice when a bolt of heat shot down my spine, pooling in my stomach and radiating out from there. I moaned softly, biting my lip. My slick began to slip down my thighs, preparing me for my mate. I nudged Beau awake and he sat up wiping the sleep from his eyes. He looked at how flushed my face was and pressed his hand against my forehead.

"Are you alright, baby? What's going on?" His voice was husky and gravelly. The sound sent another shock wave of heat through me. My nipples clenched, rubbing against the fabric of Beau's tee-shirt I was wearing. I sat up, avoiding his gaze. "What is it?" His eyebrows were pinched in concern. He brushed his thumb over my cheek, lifting my face so I would meet his gaze.

"B-Beau," I whimpered. "E-Eat me," His eyes widened in surprise obviously not expecting that response. I was practically quivering with need and Beau noticed. I turned my face into his palm, capturing his thumb between my lips and suckling softly. Beau groaned, his brown eyes darkening.

"Kolbe," He practically growled, but there was a warning in his tone like he was trying to keep himself in check. I released his thumb with a wet pop, nibbling on my wet lips. I gripped his shoulders, laying down and pulling him with me. He followed, settling between my parted thighs. "Baby-" he started but I didn't let him finish as I brought his lips to mine, kissing him timidly. The contact sent a bolt of pure pleasure through me and I whined, arching against him.

Beau responded by deepening the kiss with a groan of defeat. He kissed me like he was savoring every touch of our tongues, every pass of our lips against each other. Deep and slow, it was maddening. It wasn't enough. Beau pulled back and peppered my neck with kisses down to my collar bone where he then kissed from shoulder to shoulder.

"Please," I gasped "More. I-I need-" I was cut off by an overwhelming crash of heat through my body. I felt my shaft get even harder as more slick escaped from me. I felt light-headed and was no longer able to think coherently.

"I'm sorry, baby, but I'm not going to rush your first time." I almost wanted to pout. I didn't want him to take his time or be gentle. I just wanted- no needed him to claim me. Make me his in every way possible. Beau chuckled at my expression, his eyes full of heat and a promise of mind-numbing pleasure. "Don't worry I'll give you all you can handle and more," He promised pressing his lips to mine once again. I don't know how he did it, but one second I was in my boxers and the next I wasn't all the while Beau never stopped kissing me. It was like we were magnets with the strongest attraction, unable to be pulled apart no matter how much force was applied.