Distance

Green's POV
My legs hurt as I jog inside Scotts house and down the hall to his room. He has his claws penetrated inside the back of a boys neck, his eyed closed as he tries to concentrate on what information the boys giving him.
"Don't get close," Lydia tells us. I walk over to Liam's friend, trying to keep a distance from Theo. Sure, I started what happened last night, but that doesn't mean I'm wanting it to happen again.
"What's he doing?" Theo asks.
"Tapping into Cory's memories," Lydia answers. We all look around at each other.
"How we know if it's working?" I ask. Just then both Scott and Cory flinch. Scott's eyes shoot open and stumbles back.
"What happened?" Stiles asks him. "Are you okay?"
"I'm fine, it worked. I seen something," he tells us, describing what he seen. I walk over and look over at what he's drawing down on the notepad. Stiles looks at me.
"Doesn't this sound familiar?" He asks me. I shake my head. "I used to go there to skateboard and one day my father told me to never go back there. You used to go two, but you must have stopped before me."
"We need to go," Malia says. We all run down the stairs. Stiles stops at the door.
"I can't go," he says. I notice Theo shake his head in the corner him. "I need to talk to my dad first. He found something on whoever's moving the bodies. Its dangerous, but whoever took the last one was strong enough to flip my damn Jeep."
I gesture over to Theo. "We could bring him," I say.
"I could stay here, incase they decide to make a visit for Cory," he says. Malia and Scott run out of the house, leaving us behind in the house.
×××××××
Theo's POV
Green walks over to the couch where Cory is with a washcloth in hand. "Bend your neck," she tells us. He does as good so she clean the blood of the back. When it's clean, there no sign of a wound ever being there.
"Healed. Completely," she mumbles. He stands up and look at us with an annoyed expression.
"Everything been fun and all, especially a werewolf putting his class in my neck," he says and makes his way towards the door.
"I don't think it's a good idea for you to leave," I tell him. "The girl that was here, Lydia, she's a banshee, and she can tell when someone's close to death. Your one of those people."
"I wouldn't take my chances if I were you," she says.
"I will." I grab his wrists.
"Give us something then. You had to have seen something else." He takes his hand off the door knob.
"There was the club, then the hospital, and they took me away and to the tunnels. I've already told you everything I can remember," he tells us.
"Come on, there has to be more. Just think for a second. Think." He flinches at the sound of my voice. He closes his eyes and take a deep breath. When they open, he looks as if to have realized something.
"There was basement in a house. An old one with a broken stone well," he tells us. I look over at Green. Her eyes meet mine for the first time today.
"Didn't Scott say that something like this happened to Parrish? That something broke out of a grey stone wall?" I ask. She looks down.
"Exactly like that." Cory shakes his head and takes a turn for the bathroom. Green sits down, wincing.
"You okay?" I ask her. She nods, holding onto her arm. I walk over and sit in the recliner next to her. "The pain meds aren't working?" She shakes her head.
"No, and its weird cause its the same ones I've always used and they always work," she says. I remember that Derek was here with her before what happened between us.
"Does he think he took your pain? And that's why he can't feel it anymore?" I ask. She nods, releasing a deep breath. The sound of her heartbeat fills my ears. "What's wrong? Your heart, its-"
"Anxiety. All this stuff can do this to a person," she snaps. I put my hands up in defense. "I'm sorry. I used to have severe anxiety and eventually it just...went away. But now, I can feel it starting to creep up on me again," she explains.
"I don't mean to underestimate you, but maybe you should take it slow. You were literally thrown, probably, and now your acting like your fine. Just a week ago, you hot stabbed in the side by a tail, and your acting like your fine. Maybe you should take a break," I tell her.
Surprisingly, she nods. "Your right." I give her a soft smile. "Your not gonna mention wh-"
"I figured that if you wanted to talk about it, you would say something," I interrupt. I scratch the back of my neck. I can try and act as mean and bad all I want, but all that seems to slip into oblivion when with her. Just like she said last night, she knows but doesn't care.
"I've never kissed anyone other than my mate," she says. I lift my head to look at her. "Or, was my mate. And as much as it may sound...fucked up, I've never felt that way when Derek kisses me."
She looks at me with shy eyes and red cheeks. "I've never had a mate, but I can say the same thing." The corners of her mouth twitch up a little. I lean over and kiss her. It takes a minute, but she soon responds. By the shakiness of her hands, I can tell she's not sure about this. And neither am I.
The last I should be doing is kissing one of them. Her hands run through my hair as I pull her to me, so she's standing between my legs. I catch the sound of the bathroom door turning, so I pull back and gently push her to the couch.
Cory comes out and forces us a smile. "So what now?" He asks.
"I can go to the spot Parrish said the wall broke and see if I can find anything," I suggest. He nods, but looks at Green for the final say.
"That sounds good."
×××××××
I run my hand across the broken wall, looking at the dark hollow inside. I step through it, using my power to see in the dark. I keep walking straight until I see a small bit of light.
Eventually I can bear faint whispers. A gate comes into sight. "Liam! Hayden!" I call out.
"THEO DON'T," Liam yells as I put my hands on the gate. A joint if electricity runs through me. I call out in pain, falling back. I squeeze my eyes shut and rub the back of my head, the sound of ringing in my ears. "You alright?" He asks.
"Yeah," I answer, standing up.
"You need help?"
"I am the help," I say, looking at the gate. He takes a step back from it as I touch it again, this time gripping it and pulling, ignoring the pain shooting throughout my body. I can feel my body start to transition as I pull harder, yelling. The lock breaks, creating sparks.
"Come on."
××××××
I pull Scott into a hug, my fists clenching. Green and Derek walk inside. "Never seen anything like this?" Stiles asks him. He shakes his head, keeping an hand in her. Her eyes find me then leave.
"Never." She follows him back out, pulling at her sleeves.
××××××××
Green's POV

"You guys trust that guy?" Derek asks. I sit down on the bench my mom had placed next to the door before she died, hugging the blacker that's in my hands closer to me.
"That's one word to describe him. I think me more than the others," I say. His brows raise. "I have to say something."
"Is it about your mark being gone?" He asks. My eyes widen in shock. "Its just a guess, but I can't feel you at all anymore."
"I'm sorry. I-I love you," I say. His light green eyes search mine.
"You don't mean it, at least not the way you used to. And I noticed something in there," he says, pointing at the door. "But I'm gonna wait for you to figure it out. I-I just hope you find the person you're actually supposed to be with," he says. I swallow down the lump in my throat.
"I don't-don't want to loose you."
"Your not loosing me. Your the only one who's stayed in my life without being a sociopath, I'm staying in yours."
×××××××
The next day: Theo's POV

I listen to Scott as he talks about his asthma somehow coming back and the pack starting to grow apart. I lean against the examination table that's meant for dogs.
"That sounds like an apology," I say. He shakes his head, shrugging.
"Its an apology to you for finding me, finding this pack."
"I'm not sorry. I'm with you guys for better and for worse." He nods.
"There's gonna be more worse."
"I'm counting on it."
×××××××
"I need more time," I tell the Dread doctors as one of them plunges a needle into another arm. A boy lays on his stomach on the table, looking dead already. "Are you even listening to me?" They say nothing. "What about Hayden?"
"Failure."
"Not to me."
"Failure." My jaw and fists clench.
"I did everything you asked. I kept Scott and his pack out of your way. I need Hayden alive," I tell it. "You promised me payback."
"We promised you nothing," it says.
"I NEED HER ALIVE!" I yell. They turn in my direction. I take a few steps back. It takes the knife out of the boys back and lifts it out.
××××××
I finish talking to Stokes about the bodies and spot Green sitting at one of the tables with a book in hand. I make my way over to her and sit down, closing it.
"Hey," I say. There's no smile when she looks at me. "He found out didn't he?"
"Yeah," she says, looking at her hands. "And acts like it's no big deal, like its normal. I don't feel like I've fallen out of love with him."
"Maybe you haven't. There's different type of love," I tell her. She sits back, blinking back tears.
"Can you meet me at the buses after school?" She asks, looking around us nervously.
"Yeah."
×××××××
I turn around in my seat and look at Scott. He's been tapping his pencil against his desk all period. "I need to talk to you about something," I whisper to him.
"You okay?"
"Its not about me. Its about Stiles." His brows furrow.
"You hear that?"
"Is that the police?" I ask, able to hear the sirens.
××××××××
"You asked, I'm here," I say. Green crosses her arms looking me with suspicion.
"Show me your wrists," she says. I lift the sleeves of my jacket and show them to her. "Shirt."
"What?"
"Take your shirt off." Smirking, I take my jacket off and remove my shirt. She stands up straight, her eyes glued to my side. She presses her hand against my skin.
"What is it?" I ask, looking to see what she does. A mark, it looks like scribbles a five year old drew, but if you look closely it looks like their two hands reaching out for each other. She takes her hand away and lofts the side of her shirt, showing me hers.
"Gree-"
"This can't be happening," she says. "D-Derek is supposed to be my mate. W-we don't even fully trust you." Her eyes dance around, going aware where but me.
"We can't control this type of thing."
"But we can ignore and that's what we're going to do. Whatever those...moments were mean nothing."
"Sure."

AN: This chapter was pre-written yesterday and it felt really good to not have to write all day since this story us harder than others. This was based on 5x09. Please comment and share! Stay alive |-/ -Vaeh