Wrenches

Theo's POV
Lydia and Green come running out of the school the same time we do. Cory says on a gurney, mercury all over his mouth and shirt. Liam's friend, Mason, runs over, some of it splattered on his shirt.
"What happened?" Green asks.
"I don't know. H-he just started coughing and then this happened," he explains.
"DON'T LET THEM KILL ME!" Cory yells before the ambulance.
"We have to follow don't we?" I ask Scott. He just stared at the ambulance with a blank expression. "Scott come on! This is what you do!" Green grabs his arm and pulls him back inside.
××××××××
I keep my eyes on the road as we follow the ambulance, Lydia and Green in the car behind us. "What was it you wanted to tell me about Stiles?" Scott asks me.
"It was nothing."
"If something's wrong, I should know." I shrug.
"Well it might not be the best time or place to do it," I tell him. He tilts his head to the side. "Look in the glove department," I tell him. He slowly reaches over in front of him and opens it, taking out the wrench. "He dropped it."
He looks over at me. "Dropped it when?"
"He killed Donovan." He shakes his head, his breaths coming in short.
"What?"
"Donovan went after Stiles at the library. I only saw tbe end of it, and what I saw was Stiles doing that. I couldn't stop him. I shouldn't- I shouldn't be telling you this. You should hear this from Stiles," I say, playing the good guy.
"No tell me."
"Stiles hit him with the wrench, he just kept hitting him. I seen Donovan go down. Maybe it was before he had threatened to kill his dad, and he kept feeling the need to defend himself, but he kept doing it."
"That's not true. It can't be." I make my eyes water.
"His skull was crashed in. I heard his nine cracking. It didn't seem real, and I keep telling myself it was self defense, but I...I'm sorry. I've never seen anyone that angry. You should talk to him."
×××××××
Scott and I run through the hospital, chair throw around the place. "They've already been here," I say.
"So this was Cory," he says. Out if nowhere, literally, Cory comes into view, leaning against the wall with mercury all over him. The lights start flickering, as well as the elevator opening and closing.
"Now their here."
×××××××
Scott and I look at Cory's body. He's lifeless, pale and cold, his eyes wide open. "We should go," I tell Scott. He stands up the same time I do.
"We need to find them."
×××××××
I sit on the steps, my knees bouncing up and down. People are gathered around in a right circle to see the body of yet another failure. Shariff Stilinski comes into view and motions me forward. I stand and make my way over, pushing through the crowd.
"Where's Scott?" He asks.
"He went for Liam, he's with Hayden," I answer. "You need him?"
"Not him, just you." He leads me into an empty classroom and closes the door, taking out a card that looks to be a student ID. Mine. He flips it between his fingers.
"Am I going to need a layer?" I ask, making it look as if I'm fighting back tears.
"You tell me. Do you?" He asks.
"Stiles wasn't there. Donovan was there, he was a Chimera; a Windigo. He was going to kill him." He looks off to the side. I turn so I'm facing him. "What if I said he wanted to kill Stiles in front of you? He wanted me to tell him where he was."
"What'd you tell him?" He asks.
"Nothing, cause he came me. All I could think is that I can't let him kill me, and I can't let him kill Stiles. I tried just fighting him off, but he got me and dragged me to the alley," I lie, making sure my voice cracks. "The the support beams, the-they started to slip. And one of them fell off the top and went right through him."
He pinches the tip of his nose. "I-I was going to call 911, but by the time I got back, the body was gone and so was the blood." He looks at me with a pained expression. "I didn't know what to do, so I didn't- I didn't do anything. I'm sorry."
He pulls me info a hug, telling me its okay.
×××××××
I pull Scott away from one of the Dread Doctors. "GO!" I yell at Scott. One of them grabs him and throws him to the ground. They all walk away from the scene, fading into oblivion. I stand up and we make our way to the back to see Liam and Hayden leaning against a wall.
    "She looks okay," I state. They all nod, looking around. Liam explains what happened to Scott.
    "We need to get to the Animal Clinic now."
    ×××××××
                  Green's POV

    Stiles and I jump out of the Jeep, instantly getting soaked by the heavy rain, just as Scott gets off his motorcycle. "Sorry, you know how it is to get this thing started," Stiles says. Scott stays silent. "Scott?"
    He takes out a wrench from his back pocket and holds it out for Stiles to take. "This is yours." Hesitantly, he takes it from his hand and looks at it with a dazed expression.
    "H-how did you-"
     "Why didn't you just tell me when it happened?" Scott interrupts.
     "I was going to. I-I just-"
    "We don't kill people."
    "You think I had a choice," my brother asks.
    "There's always a cho-"
     "That's cause your Scott McCall! You would have thought if something right?" He nods. "Well some of us, like me, like my sister, like Lydia, don't get that option. We have to do what it takes to defend ourselves. SOME OF US ARE HUMAN!" I flinch at the harshness and loudness of his voice. He hardly ever yells out of anger.
    "We-we don't kill people," he says. "I want to believe you, I really do."
    "Then believe him," I say.
    ×××××××
                  Theo's POV

     I listen in on the conversation outside, a smirk sneaking onto my face. Its working.
××××××
                Green's POV
    "We don't kill people," he repeats, ignoring what I said. I hold onto Stile's hand.
     "He was going to kill my dad. I had to do it," Stiles says. "Just-just tell me what I've got to do. What do I have to do to fix this? I'll do it." Maybe its just a 'twin thing' but I can feel Stile's begin to fall apart inside.
    "Scott-"
    "You guys should go," he says. Stiles scuffs and walks to the Jeep, getting inside. "Green you sh-"
    "I am. Just know that you'll regret this."
     ××××××××
                 Theo's POV

     Liam holds Hayden in his arms as she winces in pain. "You need to turn her," Liam tells Scott. He looks at Hayden and shakes his head.
    "No." Liam stands up and walks over. "She's too weak. It'll kill her fast." She winces louder.
    "I don't know what the chances are of surviving a werewolf bite are, but she's definitely not surviving this. You need to do something."
    ×××××××
                  Green's POV