Relic

Green's POV

"it's a relic. It's a fixed object with a association of the past," Lydia tells Scott, Malia, and I. "Gwen found her sisters bracelet on her bedroom floor. Maybe something has been left over from Stiles."
"Can that be possible?" I ask.
"A conservation of mass."
"So the Ghost Riders have a weakness?" Scott asks.
"If we can find something, we can prove he existed. And maybe we can bring him back," I say.
×××××××

"We need to fight them," Liam tells Mason as Scott and I make our way to their table in the library.
"Who's them?" I ask, sitting down.
"The Ghost Riders. We can get a lightning rod to attract them and catch them off guard," Liam tells his. I point to myself.
"You don't need lightning rod. You have a living, breathing one," I say.
"Everyone is in danger, so all we need to do to if figure out a safe place to do this and hide them until the storm passes," Mason says.
"Nowhere is safe. They ride the lightning."
"But of we're underground it is. The Earth can ground the electrical charge," Mason tells us. "Everyone would be safe."
"We're going to take everyone to the Argent Bunker, cause that's underground-"
"We stopped them last night. We can do it again," Liam says.
"They only retreated and we don't know the reason for that," I say.
"Well how do we get everyone in there?" Liam asks.
××××××××

"You've lived there your whole life," my dad says, holding the boys, Jake's, ID card in his hand.
"Things are getting left behind," I tell him. "So it Stiles left anything-"
"But why would be it in the house?"
"They leave things behind, dad," I tell him. "I'm looking almost everywhere." He sets it on the desk, taking in a deep breath.
"I was going to do some paperwork last night cause I couldn't sleep. It went to the garage to get it and some junk fell off a shelf and I stubbed my toe on an old baseball bat," he tells me.
"Didnt you use to play when you were younger?"
"Yes, but I yelled a name without thinking."
"Stiles."
×××××××××

I walk around the house with Lydia, looking at family pictures that have always been on the shelves. "Can I help with anything?" My mom asks.
"No, it's fine, mom. Thank you though." She nods hesitantly.
"Well, I'll leave you two to it." I follow Lydia down the hall. She stops and reaches out to touch the line where one end of the wallpaper meets another. She gasps in shock.
"See what?" She says, her voice scared. I look the direction she's looking in to see nothing. She looks back at the wall and starts to rip a small piece of the wallpaper. My mom captures her wrist.
"What are you doing?" She asks.
"Your hurting me," Lydia says.
"Mom." Her eyes flicker to mine as she lets go.
"I shouldn't of done that," Lydia says in a whisper, looking dazed out.
"We can both agree on that." I stay in place as my mom runs out of the house.
××××××××

I sit down on one the benches and take deep breaths, trying to remember how to use my power. Mason looks down at me nervously. "Yes...yes...yes!" He yells just as the opposing team scores.
"Wrong team," Sydney and Brett's sister say from behind us.
"Sorry," he says. I clench my fists and close my eyes, trying to focus. I hear mason get up and leave. I hold onto the bleacher I'm on as lighting starts to protrude from my hands. Thunder crashes loudly over the sky. Scott and Liam look at me then the sky.
Lighting crashes in the distance, coming closer. I'm obviously still learning how to control this. The sound of horses makes me jump and stand. I rib out to the middle of the field, stopping with Scott.
"LIAM!" He tells.
"I see them!" He tells back, standing with Gwen.
"We've got all three right?" Scott asks as Lian and her run over.
"Scott, there was four," I tell him. Scott grabs Cory's hand and looks at the Riders without getting hurt in anyway.
"RUN!" Scott yells at all of us. We stop in our tracks when give of the Ghost Riders surround us.
"Stay close," Liam says. One do them shoots. Scott jumps in shock of something, still holding onto Cory.
"I CAN STILL SEE THEM!" Scott tells. Liam grabs one of them and knocks it off its horse.
"We can't stop them!" I yell.
"Protect Gwen!" He shouts. I grab one of the Rider's legs. He makes a shaking movement from being electrocuted but stays on the house. The horse kicks at me, making me fall to the ground. One of them shoots at Gwen, making bee disappear. And then their all gone.
Tears run down my face as I gasp for air. Scott kneels down and takes my hand, taking my pain. I stand up and nod at him. "You did good," he says.
'Thanks."
××××××××

I find Lydia at the hospital. She grabs my arm and pulls me into an empty room. "What?" I ask.
"I thought I had a lead," she says. "I had this weird feeling that Stiles- he was your mothers son. Your brother, but I found the she never had any children other than you. So he can't be."
"What about a relic?" I ask. She shakes her head. "So there was no Stiles."
"We have to keep looking," she says. "Look through school records again, call Scott's dad-"
"That's the wrong battle to fight. We have no way of stopping the Ghost Riders."
"We need to get Stiles back."
"These people are real. We can't be looking for something that might not be," I tell her.
"He left us behind as a relic."
××××××××
Stile's POV