viii

On Monday I went to work, said hello to Esma, took my clipboard, and walked out of the ward.

Friday night - or rather Saturday morning - when we got back to base Esma immediately took me back to my sleeping quarters.

"What happened?" She asked and put her long, long, blonde hair in a bun.

"I-I just," I took a deep breath. "I'm having flashbacks. There's only been two but they both happened when I was with Poe."

Esma took me into the bathroom so I could wash the makeup off my face, and probably cool me down.

"Of... him?" She chose her words carefully.

I nod and dry my face. Esma thinks.

"We got out of there, it's done - over." She said. "I don't know why you're thinking about it now, it's probably nothing, but just come to me if it happens again. Maybe it's stress, you have been a lot more strict towards yourself at work lately."

I nod my head again. It seemed logical. I could loosen up a bit, it wouldn't hurt.

Now I headed towards the pilot hangar to check on Poe, I needed to see how he was adjusting. He looked really, really good on Friday night. And after I finally sobered up it hit me how close we were and the effect it had on me. However, I hadn't seen him since Friday - which definitely didn't affect the fact that I wore a shorter skirt today than normal... definitely.

But I still wore my doctor coat which went past my skirt so I was fine, right?

My heels clicked as I walked in the hangar and I could feel some eyes on me. Mechanics, pilots, some others. I couldn't lie, I like the attention, especially when I was younger, but the circumstances were much different.

I made my way over to Poe's X-Wing, where his lower half was sticking out from underneath. I stopped a couple feet from him and cleared my throat. In a second he rolled out from under the X-Wing and saw me. He smiled a quick smile before fully standing up and grabbing a cloth to wipe his hands. His pilot jumpsuit was only to around his waist, with the front unzipped and he had on a white tank top - exposing his scars, but I don't think he minds.

He looked me up and down as always and instantly his face lit up a bit.

"Is it just your heels or are you wearing a shorter skirt?" He inquired.

My eyes widened slightly at how fast he noticed, but not enough that he would notice.

"I came to check up on your arm." I say with a small smile.

Poe sets down the cloth and steps towards me and holds out his arm for me. I set down my clipboard and start my examination.

"Are you okay?" He asks, "from Friday, I mean."

I was expecting this.

"I had a lot of stress on me the last few months, but I'm a lot better now, thank you for asking." I flash him a smile.

I step back.

"Make a tight fist."

Poe listens and does what I say as a few sets of footsteps approach. A few pilots come up to Poe's X-Wing.

The one in front whistles.

"Damn, Poe, is this why you were in the hospital for so long?" The pilots eyes slowly trail over me. "Cause I'd definitely break an arm for her to treat me."

The pilot group laughed.

"What's your name, babe?" He asked.

I cross my arms over my chest slightly.

"Dr. Coven." I say simply.

"Well maybe you could give me an... examination." He raises an eyebrow and motions towards his pants.

I don't miss a beat.

"Well I'm sure there's not much to look at."

Everyone's mouths drop. The pilot in front balls his fists and his face goes red. I regret my decision but before I'm fully scared Poe steps in front of me and holds up his arms.

"Alright, Dren," he says. "I thinks it's time this party breaks up and you get Red Team back to work."

Instead of punching something, which is what I imagined this Dren would do, he smiles a sarcastic smile.

"You're right, Commander, as always." And he turns away with his group to walk away.

I let out a silent breath.

"Let's get back to your examination." I say and hold out my hand.

Poe raises an eyebrow, and my hand lowers slightly.

"That wasn't very professional." He teases.

I roll my eyes and grab his arm instead.

"He started it." I mutter but Poe hears it and laughs. A nice sound.

"I like this Stitches better." He smiles and I return it.

I run through the other exercises and it all looks good.

"Well it looks like you've healed very well," I say, slight disappointment in my voice. "You won't be needing me anymore."

Poe smiles.

"Thanks, Stitches."

I turn around to write on my clipboard. I was upset that I wouldn't get to see Poe anymore, but I wasn't going to let him know it. Suddenly, I feel his hand on my waist and I freeze. His lips move to my ear.

"Come back tomorrow at lunch, I'll want to see you." He whispers.

I nod my head and he steps back.

"I need to head back to work now." I say in a small voice.

Poe smiles and I return it.

"Tell BB-8 I said 'hello.'" I said and turn on my heel.

I hear Poe chuckle slightly.

"Bye, Stitches!" I hear him shout and I wave over my shoulder and exit the hangar.

I get to see him again.